PC Racing Games.

yea. both TOCA3 and GTL have Starforce.. I'm afraid to install it as I just did a clean install of x64 with my new build :/

I bought TOCA3 @ Walmart for $14.99, they had GTL for $19.99 and I wish I'd bought it when I saw it as I can't find it anywhere locally anymore :/

You really have to experience these games with a 8800GTX, the texture filtering and ability to crank up the AA makes a HUGE difference.
What settings do you use for this game? We have 6 AA settings, but GTR2's config only sees 5. The whole "enhance/overide" option's kinda lame as I've found "enhance" doesn't work for HL2, but "override" does. That flys in the face of NV's recommended "use enhance if game has AA settings..."

And to be clear GTR2 doesn't have surround, right? I still put the X-Fi in game mode, but disable EAX/CMSS-3D.

AIso, I picked Toca3 and GTR2 from Fry's for $20 each on release day.

My skill level's not quite up to some of these guys, but I raced w/ default settings (more arcadey) and auto trans w/ a Logitech Dual Action just fine. Recently moved onto a Momo, but that's a whole nother story. (you want one) ;)

Back