PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad 750W Power Supply $65 after $35 MIR

conchimdada

Limp Gawd
Amazon has PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad 750W Power Supply for $100 - $35 Rebate = $65 with free shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How long do you think this would power a 3x 9800 gx2 folding rig before it blows up?

In for one to power my current GTX 280 + a new GTX 280 coming in for SLI... all to feed 2560x1600 on a Dell 3007WFP-HC :D. Thanks OP!

i really really dont need a 750w but even beats top tier 650w in price... so i'm sold. was 99% sold at $70

Pulled the pin on it as well, hopefully now, I am going to be able to run my EVGA GTX260 + ECS 8800GT as GPU + PPU cards.

Ugh I just bought this yesterday at newegg for $25 more. Not worth the hassle of changing the order though.

Anyone know how loud these are? some reviews say its quiet, some say it's annoyingly loud. With 80MM fan i'm quite nervous about how loud it can be... any personal experiences? I want to pick this up, great deal.

Anyone know how loud these are? some reviews say its quiet, some say it's annoyingly loud. With 80MM fan i'm quite nervous about how loud it can be... any personal experiences? I want to pick this up, great deal.

Loud.

But its cheap.

I guess LOUD is in the ears of the beholder? I really don't mind if the PSU is loud, I usually turn my rig off at night anyways and when I game, I want all the cool temps I can get from my fans.

It's more like the sound depends on the load. There's a nice graph on one of the review sites (too lazy to look it up) when it came out that shows the volume as a function of the # of watts on it. IIRC, around ~500W was when it started to get noisy so if you don't load it up, it should be okay. As it drew more watts, the fan started spinning faster and getting louder. Having good airflow in the case to keep the general temps low probably helps also so the fan doesn't need to spin up as quickly.

Pretty much all PSUs will get noiser as you get towards higher end of its rating. If you really care about noise, in general, the quietest one for mid-range pricing is the Enermax Modu82+ 625W followed by the Corsair HX520/620. But this PCP&C is quiet enough if you keep the load light but there do exist quieter (and more expensive) PSUs out there.

For this price, it's a good deal.

I leave my computer on at night in my room (small room), I wish I didnt sell my Thermaltake Toughpower 700W, great silent PSU. :\

I rarely buy stuff from Amazon.com so I have to ask... Are they always this slow to ship stuff out? I bought this thing on the 14th and they estimate shipping the PSU on the 20th?

The Rebate must be postmarked within 14 days from date of purchase, this will cut it very close if not late ... WTF ???

It's more like the sound depends on the load. There's a nice graph on one of the review sites (too lazy to look it up) when it came out that shows the volume as a function of the # of watts on it. IIRC, around ~500W was when it started to get noisy so if you don't load it up, it should be okay. As it drew more watts, the fan started spinning faster and getting louder. Having good airflow in the case to keep the general temps low probably helps also so the fan doesn't need to spin up as quickly.

Pretty much all PSUs will get noiser as you get towards higher end of its rating. If you really care about noise, in general, the quietest one for mid-range pricing is the Enermax Modu82+ 625W followed by the Corsair HX520/620. But this PCP&C is quiet enough if you keep the load light but there do exist quieter (and more expensive) PSUs out there.

For this price, it's a good deal.

That begs the question: is fan speed controlled by a temperature sensor, or by the load?

But it's a killer price either way!

I rarely buy stuff from Amazon.com so I have to ask... Are they always this slow to ship stuff out? I bought this thing on the 14th and they estimate shipping the PSU on the 20th?

The Rebate must be postmarked within 14 days from date of purchase, this will cut it very close if not late ... WTF ???

I assume you selected their free shipping option? They usually overestimate. Still, it is free for a reason. If you want something that will likely arrive much faster, then select Standard shipping.

I picked one of these up. I have one running in another rig and it is a good PSU. Handles dual 9800GX2s very well.

Read the reviews at newegg. I tried to buy this psu 2 weeks ago and it arrived DOA. PC P&C suck at packaging. There is no foam padding or anything, just a psu shoved into a tiny thin cardboard box. Your PSU will arrive DOA because it will have felt every drop, bump and hit during shipment. I suggest you spend a few more bucks and get yourself a 750w corsair, which is packaged with thick foam padding and a big box.

Don't believe me? read the newegg reviews. There are TONS that arrived DOA. The manufacturer keeps stating that it is due to rough shipping. They don't tell you that its damaged in shipping due to their non existent packaging.

Read the reviews at newegg. I tried to buy this psu 2 weeks ago and it arrived DOA. PC P&C suck at packaging. There is no foam padding or anything, just a psu shoved into a tiny thin cardboard box. Your PSU will arrive DOA because it will have felt every drop, bump and hit during shipment. I suggest you spend a few more bucks and get yourself a 750w corsair, which is packaged with thick foam padding and a big box.

Don't believe me? read the newegg reviews. There are TONS that arrived DOA. The manufacturer keeps stating that it is due to rough shipping. They don't tell you that its damaged in shipping due to their non existent packaging.

...that'd be Newegg's nonexistent packaging. This is the same company that will tape two bare harddrives together if you order them at the same time and put them in a box roughly two times their size with a couple bags of air for padding.

The box they're shipping the PSU in was never intended to be a shipping box. Order it from Amazon and it will arrive just fine, because they'll actually package it properly.

I'll vouch for the corsair 750w. Mine came well packed and not doa :)

How long do you think this would power a 3x 9800 gx2 folding rig before it blows up?

forever... this PSU is under rated. I opened mine 2 weeks ago and they ship a chart of power output, it says 810... PC Power and cooling is the best brand period. I havnt even touched it because m old one is still too rock solid in my current setup to change a thing. think ill build a new setup around this PSU now

Mine came in from Amazon over the weekend. I installed it last night and my computer is now acting really flaky. This was an upgrade from an Antec True Power II 550. If I have a previously working DVDRW plugged in then the CPU fan isn't starting up immediately and the main boot screen goes flaky. It also locks up when trying to access the bios BUT will enter windows without a problem.

PC Power and cooling is the best brand period.

I'm assuming you're talking about maybe 4-6 years ago when this statement was actually true. PCP+C is a good brand, but it's not "the best brand period".

I'm assuming you're talking about maybe 4-6 years ago when this statement was actually true. PCP+C is a good brand, but it's not "the best brand period".

As the one I received seems to indicate since my PC no longer works properly after the upgrade.

Back