• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PC Power and Cooling woes.

Sieravor

Gawd
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
943
It seems that their 510 SLI is in high demand. I just got a letter from the vendor, and from the manufacturer saying that they're having problems keeping up with demand. Just incase you feel like ordering one, be prepared to wait a little while. I ordered mine last sunday, and it isn't going to ship until this Tuesday. Just giving a heads up to those out there that were thinking about buying one. Eh, it's worth the wait I guess.
 
FrozenCPU.com has some in stock. I ordered mine yesterday, and it was shipped same day.
 
you know normally when you see a title like that.....


LOL
it will be worth the wait ;)
 
Ya had me scared "my 510 had flames coming out of the back" is what i was worried about seeing
 
no model of supply is without the odd issue from time to time
for a very brief period there seemed to be an issue with some PCP&C Turbo Cools
not sure what was at the root of it, but I gather it was quickly and immediately resolved
I know of only 2 mobos that have ever been taken by them and only one other issue they have had (unstable with to little a load on them)
in the first case about a year ago Id guess a faulty component batch from a supplier and the second was quite awhile ago and addressed
no recent issues at all


for a supply where there is as much feedback as the PCP&C 510 gets
it has the lowest "issues" that Im aware of, almost invariably rock solid rails with no observable fluctuation regardless of the load placed on it

of course there are alot of supplies that Ive never heard of a single person even owning
 
well I spoke with a gentlemen a PcP&C and it seems there is a lot of demand for the 501 SLI's at the moment and they have actually dropped the price on the deluxes to try and move them out. In regards to another thread he believed the various 501 models only differed in wire configuration as was suggested by someone whereabouts.
 
Been waiting for mine for a week now. I ordered from Voyeurmods. My system is sitting waiting for a PSU. Dammit, if I would've know I would have to wait anyway I would've waited for Venice to come out instead of ordering my Clawhammer a week ago. :mad:

Do you guys think the Fortron Blue Storm 500 I have in my File Server can run my SLI system in sig not OCed until I get my PCP&C PSU? I really want to get this thing built.
 
Ice Czar said:
no model of supply is without the odd issue from time to time
for a very brief period there seemed to be an issue with some PCP&C Turbo Cools
not sure what was at the root of it, but I gather it was quickly and immediately resolved

It was resolved quite quickly. Mine and 1 other poster's from November had the same issue, but its strong as an ox running 24/7 since 11/20 (purchased 11/6, failed 11/8, repaired and back in my rig 11/20, all under warranty)

I havent heard a complaint since then, at least, not here.
 
Enigma422 said:
Do you guys think the Fortron Blue Storm 500 I have in my File Server can run my SLI system in sig not OCed until I get my PCP&C PSU? I really want to get this thing built.

I think so.
 
I have a power supply that well out lived 4 presidents on the 12 volt rail only is a 60amp power supply used for ham radios with huge transformer and caps you can bet the 12 volt does not budge . The other volts are supply by a mediocre PC psu.
 
Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2004 05:19 Great Power Supply Time owned: more than 12 months I have owned many Astron power supplies over the years and have had no problems with any of them, but I have one RS-35M that I have owned for more than 30 years and I have had it in use EVERY day that I have owned it and it has been flawless in it's performance, and I expect it will continue to serve me well.
 
I got my Pc Pwr Cooling 510 SLI from Best Byte computers, saved 10 bucks and they had it in stock. $227 and they are in stock at this posting.

Best Byte Computers
 
Aviddigi said:
Ya had me scared "my 510 had flames coming out of the back" is what i was worried about seeing
QFT

I was like, okay, now what am I going to aspire to?
 
unhappy_mage said:
QFT

I was like, okay, now what am I going to aspire to?

If you monster garage your 510 so flames come out the back, i'd buy one from you.
 
510 can flame out . even tho it is consider the top of line PSU . the transformer they use is not on par with a real heavy duty PSU . The limited room inside a pc limits the size of a long lasting transformer.
 
Back
Top