PC-K7B verses PC-K58W

truepurple

n00b
How do you guys think the PC-K7B compares to the PC-K58W?

Do either/both come with HDD lights? If not, could they be added? (please list that which would add such) Could a handle on the top be added/work with either/both?

Does aluminum panels with a steel chassis much better then steel and plastic? If so, in what ways?

If nothing else, would someone please answer my questions about HDD LED activity light (and power light, less important though). Do most cases have them now, but don't list them? Or do most not have them now? How can I add them?

Yenniedn, I have looked at a number of reviews for these cases. I see in your first link now the lights, easy to miss though. Your second link is dead.

So how about my other questions about how these cases compare to each other. Like, does aluminum panels with a steel chassis much better then steel and plastic? If so, in what ways? That question is pretty important to deciding. The handle question is also important to me. It makes it easier for the case to be carried with just one arm and helps prevent my cats from using the case as a seat.

In case you're still wondering I have the PC-K7B and I was a little disappointed to be honest. Yes it has both lights on the front panel, it seemed like my HD activity light never worked either but the power light looked ok (blue led) I also didn't like how the I/O connectors on the top were situated sometimes it would be very hard to get the top panel back on the case properly. I also feel as though the airflow wasn't was good even with two 120-mm's in front, the airflow was blocked by the hard drive cage. Anyways other than that it's an ok case. Just thought I'd chime in a little hope this helps and good luck.

Second link was replaced because apparently that is not a site that [H] likes. You can check the revised second link now - you can clearly see the front connectors for the HDD LED's.

How do I tell if either of these cases will have trouble with my seasonic X650 PSU, size wise? I can't seem to find total PSU room in specifications.

How do I tell if either of these cases will have trouble with my seasonic X650 PSU, size wise? I can't seem to find total PSU room in specifications.

They are standad ATX size which the X650 is so that is not a problem.

Are there cases better then the PC-K7 for stopping dust? Are there better filters I can buy for replacing the default filters, to stop more dust?

Back