• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PC just died not sure whats wrong

merc141

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
194
I was in Microsoft word and all of a sudden the screen went black for a split second and then it went to a blue screen and then rebooted in about 5 seconds. On reboot It would get to the win 7 login screen, I type my user and pw and I see the mouse icon arrow and then all of a sudden that same blue screen pops up right when it should go to the desktop. It reboots again and so on.... I ran the memory utility, it went fine. I tried booting into safe mode again but it still went to a blue screen and rebooted. I opened up the case, looked around reseated cards and cables, and got rid of some dust. Now it won't start up at all. I get 2 power leds lighting up on the motherboard but that is it. It is almost as if the power switch itself is broken. Anyways here are my specs:

Q6600 stock
4 GB Gskill
Corsair HX520
EVGA gtx 460
Abit ip35v mobo

My guess is the abit board, not really sure what to try next. The fans don't even spin up when I hit the power, the switch does nothing. I think the psu is still good, what to try next? Thanks in advance.
 
Did you catch the error code on the BSOD? Its hard to trouble shoot that issue without knowing the error.

If it wont turn on now, you can try unplugging power and making sure everything is still plugged in right. It could be possible the power switch connector came lose from the motherboard in your cleaning.

If it still doesn't power up, run only the minimums; CPU, one stick of ram and GPU. Slowly add parts back in until it stops working.
 
Follow the stickied "Basic Troubleshooting Guide" on what to do when the PC does not POST.
 
Back
Top