PC game controller recommendation?

SticKx911

2[H]4U
Any recommendations on a wireless game controller/set? I have bought a couple xbox clones on amazon, but they both randomly disconnect and have the odd bug here and there. It's just for couch gaming with stuff like lego games or mega man, so it doesn't have to be amazing. Reliable and possibly kid friendly are my goals on this.

kid friendly as in, games tend to say press the red B, and if the controller just has a plain 1,2,3 or 4...they get super confused. lol

Yeah, get the XB1 controller. It will connect with bluetooth or the wireless dongle.

I also use Controller Companion. Not necessary for playing games, but helps navigate Windows with a controller.

Or, you can just use the Bluetooth version, with any blutooth -capable PC.

I'm using the Bluetooth now, and it's just as fast as wired (if you have nothing big and metal blocking the LOS of the controller)

Get the Xbox One S controller for windows, and it comes with both a wore, and an alternate Bluetooth mode.

It will connect with bluetooth
forgot about that, i only have an old bt adapter that doesnt work. op, if you do have bt you can also use a ps4 controller and config with ds4windows. just an option, sound like the kids are used to xbox.

forgot about that, i only have an old bt adapter that doesnt work. op, if you do have bt you can also use a ps4 controller and config with ds4windows. just an option, sound like the kids are used to xbox.
I always used a ps3 adapter, but steam games always displayed instructions in xbox terms. I can process that B = circle on the fly, they (and the wife) would get annoyed. lol.

I'll probably spring for the legit xbox controller. I was hoping they made a PC set instead of having to buy the controller and receiver separately.

I always used a ps3 adapter, but steam games always displayed instructions in xbox terms. I can process that B = circle on the fly, they (and the wife) would get annoyed. lol.

I'll probably spring for the legit xbox controller. I was hoping they made a PC set instead of having to buy the controller and receiver separately.
ive seen them sold together on amazon.

Yeah, get the XB1 controller. It will connect with bluetooth or the wireless dongle.

I also use Controller Companion. Not necessary for playing games, but helps navigate Windows with a controller.
big picture mode provides some options for navigating pc with controller too

big picture mode provides some options for navigating pc with controller too
True. I've played around with big picture mode, and it's a decent option but the UI falls a little short for me.

Just an FYI you can use one receiver with multiple controllers at once, you don't need one for each controller.

Very happy with my SN30Pro+. Can swap between my PC and Switch effortlessly and seems to last a long time. Not as flashy as an Xbox Elite but its much cheaper.

https://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-pro-plus/

I use it over Bluetooth.

On second thought, if there are problems with what button to press unless they're color coded, maybe not good idea.

Back