• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pc freezes after loading USB controllers

erik007

n00b
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
1
Hello everyboday..
This is my first post here, so I'm not so sure if I'm in the right forum.....

I've a problem with my PC, when I start it, it shows this black screen, with some information about the CPU, then it loads the USB microcontrollers, then it stops...
at the bottom of the screen, there are two options, press 'del' to enter setup menu, and press 'F11' to load boot menu. however, 've tried both choices, and it freezes, it shows 'Loading Boot menu' or 'Entering setup' but nothing happen. Also I can't hear any Beep sound from the PC.

Things I've tried:
1- tried to start the PC without any RAMs, and the same result.. also No Beep sounds. Strang!!!
2- tried to start the pc without HDD, also the same result.
3- All fans CPU, case, and power unit are working.
4- the Graphic card heatsinker is hot more than usual!!!!.
5- I'm using wireless keyboard, connected through USB, and it is working.

here is a copy of my black screem:
-----------------------------------------------
A7392IMS V2.0 070308
Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz, Speed: 266x7=1862MHz

DRAM freuency for DDR2 800 (Dual Channel)

Initializing USB Controllers .. Done.
2048MB OK



Press DEL key to enter setup Menu, F11 to enter Boot Menu.
-----------------------------

PC specifications
1- CPU E7300 Duo.
2- MB: MSI, I can't find out the full number....
3- Graphic Card: 512M
4- HDD: 320 GB.
5- Windows 7, Home edition.
6- PC is about 2 years old.

I really appreciate any help, as my self, don't know where to start to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance to you all.....

MfG
Erik.
 
Try disconnecting all your USB devices and hook up a PS2 mouse and keyboard. If the computer can't boot after that I would suggest perhaps swapping out the motherboard with a spare and see if the computer boots properly then. It could very well be the motherboard.
 
I had a similar problem with some faulty USB devices. I had the onboard USB headers connected to a USB flash reader and some other devices and I had all sorts of problem booting the computer. Just unplug everything from the motherboard USB headers and give it a try. You might also be able to fiddle with the USB settings in the BIOS, but I didn't try that.
 
Are you overclocking the cpu?

My MSI board freezes at that same point if I OC way to far.


I would clear the CMOS and try again. Some boards have a little jumper that you have to change and others have a button you push. Just make sure the machine is off before doing this.

If we knew the mobo model we could look it up.
 
Hold on Hold on Hold on

Why are we assuming this has anything to do with USB? The table showing your USB and PCI devices is the last thing it will show before attempting your OS boot. Unless you can give us an actual screenshot, not sure we can say it has anything to do with this.

First of all you should already get down to your very basic items (monitor/keyboard/mouse) and see if you are good to go. Dont chase your tail...

Second, how is "2- tried to start the pc without HDD, also the same result." a logical good test??? If your HDD is dead, this will not change the outcome, it will behave the SAME...

What are your resources? Another working computer? A bootable windows disk? A bootable flash drive? Copy of Hirens/BartPE/etc bootable utility CD? A friend that knows a lot more than you? What?

Without seeing the computer, my money is on hard drive failure or OS corruption (virus/file deletion/etc). Or something that would look similarly (failed motherboard which cant see HDD anymore, etc.)

Any noises come from HDD? If you feel the drive during POST, does it vibrate erratically?
 
Second, how is "2- tried to start the pc without HDD, also the same result." a logical good test??? If your HDD is dead, this will not change the outcome, it will behave the SAME...

Without seeing the computer, my money is on hard drive failure or OS corruption (virus/file deletion/etc). Or something that would look similarly (failed motherboard which cant see HDD anymore, etc.)

+1

I just had this same issue where a completely stable build just froze up and stopped booting. All due to a bad drive that was not even the OS drive.
 
Back
Top