PC crashes when HDMI connected to GPU.

Koween

Limp Gawd
My friend built a new PC and for the first three weeks everything worked fine. Afterwards the PC started crashing. The screen would get pixelated and then would bluescreen. We thought that maybe the GPU was bad, so got a replacement. Now it's a bit different - nVidia drivers crash and the PC bluescreens. If, however, monitor's HDMI cable is connected to the motherboard and the internal GPU is used - the system is stable. Checked voltages - they seem to be in order. Crashing is random, sometimes he can play for 5 hours straight, sometimes for 5 minutes.
Tried a new GPU, different PCIE slots, different power cables.

System specs:

Corsair AX860i PSU
Intel i5 4690k (stock clocks) + Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z97x-UD5H
Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8Gb RAM
MSI GTX970 4G Gaming

Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb
WD Blue 1 Tb

Any ideas?
P.S. He used the PC in his truck (he's a long range truck driver) for a week and these problems showed up. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not. I suspected that maybe the voltage isn't very stable there and maybe the PSU is damaged, but output votalges seem fine and very stable.

Reseat the RAM and CPU. Also try different RAM if possible.

Tried to reseat the RAM, not the cpu, yet. No changes. One thing, though - RAM slot #1 seems to be bad, because using ram in it causes the pc to crash after booting within minutes. I assume the mobo is bad and maybe not only the ram slot is faulty but also maybe the pcie lanes.

Back