PC-Beto

haha to bad:p well... im done soldering anyways;) only crimping and sleeving left!

just to keep you in suspense, here is a little teaser:p

peak.jpg

Okay, it would seem that some fokes has misunderstood the difference between my cable tray, and my motherboard tray. This update should clarify that;)

Would the real Motherboard tray PLEASE stand up?

1.JPG

As you can see, this is the motherboard tray, 2 peices of acrylic sandwitched.

2.JPG

Now this is the cable tray, which someone though would have the motherboard mounted on it too.

3.JPG

How does all this play together? we will get back to that later;) First, a big thanks to Vincent from Bitspower for sending me some goodies!

4.JPG

Old versus new pass trough fittings

5.JPG

This must be the sexiest fittings on EARTH!

6.JPG

7.JPG

Everybody has bitspower battlemechs, but how many have custom bitspower holders? :D (no really, theese are gonna be used in another project i will link too soon ;) )

8.JPG

8a.JPG

And a custom version of Jon Lund´s PomPlex reservoirs ;)

9.JPG

10.JPG

This combo will be placed on the top of the reservoir, and will work as inlet, and fillport.

11.JPG

The little plastic bugger inthere is a port for LED´s, and i am gonna use quite a few of theese in the build i think. Should light the reservoir up nicely ;)

12.JPG

And now for the cables! You probertly already saw this picture:

13.JPG

But here is some more money shots:

14.JPG

15.JPG

Before we continue to the cable tray, i would like to show the pump, and the sleeving on this. Instead of putting heatshrink on, i opened up the housing, and put the sleeving in, STEALTH style!

16.JPG

And now, i got the case partially riveted back together! (you will notice some small silver screw like things, these are tempory rivets lol! )

17.JPG

Notice the motherboard tray inthere? ;)

18.JPG

Some people asked me if the weight of the psu wouldnt destroy the psu holder in acrylic, and this is where i am planning on putting a support plate (the plate you see there is not the final plate, its a dish i made for myself of scraps;) made 3 others with names on to the rest of the fokes in the dorm lol!)

19.JPG

And what will it support? The psu and the pump of course! IMO this looks SEXY!

20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

And with the sides on!

23.JPG

Oh look! A tiny window for the reservoir :D

24.JPG

And now, Will the real CABLE Tray please stand up, and get in place :D

25.JPG

And with the motherboard tray out

26.JPG

Sides on

27.JPG

I still need to rivet the middle plate inthere, but that cant be done before the cable tray is completely done, and so far i ran out of heatshrink -.- Oh well... another order then:D

Hope you enjoy´d this update!

Thanks to
www.coolbits.dk
www.noiseblocker.de
www.matronics.dk
www.bitspower.com
for helping me out on this project!

-p0Pe

Must have more updates. This case kinda a Tron sorta feel to it, if only it were white instead of green. I like the idea though it looks fantastic.

I just wanted to tell you what an awesome job you've done. I don't think that I could even organize and illustrate my ideas, much less execute them.

thank you very much all! im sitting in madrid at campus party europe, with a lot of other modders and having a great time, and suddenly remembered that i forgot to show you this update :(

enjoy!

Well... couldnt wait a week, and with the MOTM nominee i figured it was time to update:D so enjoy!

I got new toys!!! More tools woot!:D best gift a modder can get besides hardware!

1.JPG

Had to use it for the passtrough fitting from bitspower!

2.JPG

3.JPG

Glued the two green and black plate from the motherboard tray together. Needed some weight to make the glue stick better:p

4.JPG

The fan and 6 pins plugs sitting flush with the cable tray

5.JPG

Some macro shots!

6.JPG

7.JPG

New hardware! New tools AND hardware in one update woot ! An msi gd85 with usb 3.0 and sata 6 GB/s, and a Intel i5 750. Put in, and cables on:

8.JPG

9.JPG

How the radiator will be put.

10.JPG

The mod will be lit by a 1.5 meter smd lcd strip with 10 smd led´s pr. 10 centimeter. with the controller i can adjust brightness from dull to Christmas tree strenght!

11.JPG

Light it up!

12.JPG

And here is a great pic (if i may say it myself lol) of the motherboard tray inside the case.

13.JPG

Thats all for this time! The case has to be send to madrid the 5´th so it can be shown to all the other great modders who will attend campus party europe 2010!

Thanks man!

Finally! I had last day on the summerjob, and starting in school next week! So wanted to put this update up since a LOT have happened since the last update!

Now, where were we? Right about here i think.

1.JPG

This is how the case have stood ever since i went to hear stewie wonder in copenhagen. I got a 4870x2 with block on it, and fittet that in, and painted the mobo back panel!

2.JPG

The 2*6 pins fits so much better on to this card than they would have fittet on a 5870! There is just one downside, i miss two pins!

3.JPG

Now, a little tube routing have been set in motion, but there is still lots to do.

4.JPG

Now guess what hides under this hood? It has 64 gigs, and runs at aprox 270MB/sek in read and write:p I hope to be able to replace it with something bigger, better and nicer soon though.

5.JPG

Now this, is what the little glowsticks that Jon made for me does! (http://lund-tech.com/?Products:Lighting_module)

6.JPG

A quick shot of the side panel lit up!

7.JPG

of some reason, this reminds me of a horror movie, where you see a sharp light trough a window xD

8.JPG

Now, for the torture of the psu... Belive it or not, but it took me over 6 hours to make it look this way!

9.JPG

Soldering the wires back together after cutting them down to size.

10.JPG

2*6 pins down! 8 pin and 24 pin to go :(

11.JPG

Halfway there!!!

12.JPG

DONE! And i must say, i am quite happy about the final result! Not to green, but with a little black in between:p

13.JPG

From another angel. I practically had to stand on top of it to get the wires inthere! Talk about a close fit!

14.JPG

And what might this little bugger be? Remember the problem about missing a few pins on the 8 pin for the gfx card? No problem:D

15.JPG

Just put this one into the psu, and bam! 2 more pins fixed :D

16.JPG

Now, the octopus begins...

17.JPG

Now isn't this the best looking cable mess you've ever seen? :D

18.JPG

And the little 2 pin crawling trough the case and finally ending in the gfx card!

19.JPG

And now! A huge thanks to mushkin for sending me 8 gigs of these awesome rams! I cant wait to get these into the case!

20.JPG

Black and green, just like the rest of the mod!

21.JPG

Gotta love them. They are so incredible heavy compared to other ram sticks i have around, and i love the ridgeback fin design!

22.JPG

More pronz!

23.JPG

But hey now, what is this? "Something seems to be missing dude..."
Yeah, i noticed, but i couldn't decide if i wanted the copper top, or the delrin to for the build :/

24.JPG

Then its lucky that AquaComputer was so awsome to send BOTH the cuplex kryos HF and a spare delrin top!

25.JPG

Two awsome names paired!

26.JPG

Now, the only downside with the delrin top is that it doesn't take 10 mm compression fittings :(
27.JPG

The HF top however, does! This thing must weigh a metric tonne or therby!

28.JPG

And this is how she stands at the moment! I will update again when i get the ram installed, along with the waterblock. Oh, and dont mind the vandal switch hanging there:D It will be replaced with a black one i got from nutman ;)

And again, thanks to the sponsors ;)

Until next update, Cya!!!

-p0Pe

Just had to say unbelievable work!!! I think the hardest part of all of this is being pressured to make the final product a replica of the concept... and I gotta say it just looks better than the concept!

Also wanted to know what camera you are using for your pics?

Thanks all!

Just had to say unbelievable work!!! I think the hardest part of all of this is being pressured to make the final product a replica of the concept... and I gotta say it just looks better than the concept!

Also wanted to know what camera you are using for your pics?

Thanks man! :) If you save the picture to your computer, you can right click, and show the details about the picture, including which camera it was taken with:D I use a few different you see.

here are a little update for you! This is part one, of a larger update that i decided to tear down into two, beacuse i cant finish the other part before a week or so :)

1.JPG

A little picture of the new mobo! Decided to get the EVGA p55 le, since its all black, and fits the theme best.

2.JPG

Also got the IQ panel painted.

3.JPG

And the backside of the Bitspower block. Still thinking of what to do with this:p

4.JPG

Another shot of backside, and card.

5.JPG

And the modded Aquacomputer cuplex kryos! Now in all black:D

6.JPG

And with a quite expensive fitting combo lol:D

7.JPG

Mounted on the mobo^

8.JPG

Also had to make some panels to finish up the rear of the case. So they were cut to size, and painted.
And i know, i know, "Dude, what happened to the garden" And here i must refer to the first word in that sentece, Dude.
That place is also my photo studio:p

9.JPG

And how they look when put in place. Quite the snug fit :D

10.JPG

And with the outer panel on! (Notice the arm, now without bandages:D)

11.JPG

Old versus new mobo! Bye Bye blue

12.JPG

A little sleeving (the wire that goes from the aquaero to the onboard usb ports)

13.JPG

"Upskirt" shot.

14.JPG

And in all of her glory:D

15.JPG

And this is one of my favorite shots so far!

16.JPG

And one showing most of the lower compartment:)

Until next update, Cya!!!

-p0Pe

Sooo... What have i been doing? Lots of stuff! A few test at school is over, and i got some more time to work on this, and have some good news for you! I should be able to have this thing done within a week;) And then i have the time to take her home, into the photo studio and make some glory shots!

1.JPG

Anyway, Uden mad og drikke, dur helten ikke (without food and beverages, the hero dont work) :D

2.JPG

Oh, and then i used a great deal of time on this, a remote controlled heli:D

3.JPG

And a close up:p

4.JPG

And now to the fun stuff! I had to make a new back plate since i lost the old one lol:D Made some improvements and had some quality time with my dremel!

5.JPG

The result,

6.JPG

A few diskes gone. I am still to cheap to get the quick disconect diskes:p

7.JPG

8.JPG

Final result before painting^

9.JPG

And now for the fans, i made some stickers to make them look a bit more classy:p

10.JPG

And insertet into the case, with the cable going into the back wall to the plug.

11.JPG

Now this little hole is the fillport for the hole system! But where does it sit?

12.JPG

Oh yeah, in the top:p Right above the reservoir. See the aquaero faceplate there? Wonder where this is going...

13.JPG

This^

14.JPG

Ended out like this:D

15.JPG

And last, but not least, the front panel where the on switch will sit. Need to get this painted!

Tommorow i will have some time to paint and fill down the top, and then there is just some minor stuff left to be done!

Inside shots in next update;) Have fun!

We are nearing christmas eve, and the end result of one and a half years work was celebrated in a dark room in a small town´s photography club. With a coke in the hand, and the intence cold outside the light was turned on, the backdrops rolled down and the camera set to "on". The tripad was set up, dors shut, and then the clicks were going for 3 hours. A little chit chat in between made a good atmosphear, and the thought about having to go outside in -18 degrees to pick a christmas three didnt hurry things up.

Before i go on to the mod, and the final pictures, i would like to thank a few people who have helped me out a great deal with this project!
Dennis from Sign-1 have been really great at helping me with getting my files cut out, in whatever material i might choose, and Bo from skjern photography club for helping me with the setup for the final pics.

But lets get to it:
PC-Beto

Specifications:
Mobo: EVGA P55 LE
CPU: Intel i5 750
Ram: 8GB Mushkin Ridgeback
GFX: Radeon 4870x2
PSU: XFX 850W black edition
HDD: Corsair F60 ssd

Watercooling:
Controller: AquaComputer Aquaero + powerbooster
Monitoring: AquaComputer flowmeter + temp sensor
CPU block: AquaComputer Cuplex Kryos
Pump: Laing DDC 18W
Reservoir: Custom LUND PomPlex PC-Beto Edition
Fittings: Bitspower Matte black compression fittings
GFX Block: Bitspower 4870x2 blok
Radiator: HWLabs Black Ice GTX 420
Fans: Noiseblocker PK3​

But enough of the talk. Lets get to the pictures! I wont say very much, but let them speak for themself. I hope you enjoy them!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

25.JPG

26.JPG

27.JPG

28.JPG

29.JPG

30.JPG

31.JPG

32.JPG

That was all from me for now. I am planning something new in 2011, but lets see how far that one gets;) It have been a pleasure having these worklogs up, and reading all of your comments, so for that, i would like to thank all the users out there who have given me motivation to make this what it have become!

And last, but not least, i would like to give a HUGE thank to the sponsors who have helped making this build what it is!

-p0Pe

Superb. And i can't think of any words to describe it. The only minuet thing i personally see as off is how the green acrylic shows up bluish by some of those photos. That is my personal feeling. I love green. This is an amazing case. I love this and the design on the edges gave me ideas for my case sides i have been working on. Love this beast.

Very fancy :)

When are you starting mass-production? :D

Wow, nice the neon green sleeving mixed with the black makes for a nice combo, good work.

Back