PC-Beto

p0Pe

n00b
hello there hardforum! found the place via a google search, and lol´d hard of the Q/A thread with the alienware case questions lol... so thought i would share my latest project with you:)

still trying to figure out the forum. so please tell me if i made a boo boo somewhere in the post:) other than that, i can only say enjoy! this is the first of 2 updates. progress is slow since im in school atm, but there should be some serious lazor action within a month;)

and now for:

thx to Itrends.dk for helping me out on this one.

lets jump right into it. as usual i am modding an old used case!

the inspiration?

1.jpg

the case, and plans.
im going to watercool the system with a 3*140 mm radiator in front, and two pumps. as seen on the pics, the case is devided in 2 sections. the frame is going to be powdercoated in matte black.

2.JPG

this is some of the evelopment of the cad drawings i made. the big round one on the left is going to be a window.

3.jpg

4.jpg

and the finished drawings. the top drawings is going to be cut in folie, and the bottom one in green acrylic. since ac-ryan didnt reply on my mails, I found the same acrylic that they uses (for 1/4 the price) and will be using that.

5.jpg

finished middle plate

6.jpg

the middle plate is going to be bend around the frame, to give a smoother look

7.jpg

the little room in the top will be sealed off, and most likely used for 2 harddrives.

8.jpg

close up of the rad hole in the front

9.jpg

on this pic, the folie looks quite thick, but it wont be

10.jpg

the motherboard tray (yes, that old bucket have a removeable mobo tray!) is going to be made of 2 pieces of acrylic. black and green, and will look like this

11.jpg

for pumps holders, i designed a bracket, that will fit on 140 mm fans to hold the ddc pumps. with rubber grommets, theese should reduce vibrations too, and the cold air from the fans will cool them down a bit.

12.jpg

close up of the bracket.

hardware is yet to be decided. but for watercooling i will go for theese 2 for certain

2 ddc pumps
HWLabs black ice gtx 420 radiator

soo.. hoped you enjoyd this little start of my new project though it almost only consists of renders. more WILL come. (already got a lil´ testplate cut out to play with;) )

-p0Pe

Last edited:
So this is aluminum clad plexi? thats really nice, i do not think i have seen that done, especially with curves like that, If you pull it off, its going to be incredible, and i really like the circuitboard motif!

Amazing!
Im gonna be checking up on this one :)

thanks man:)

So this is aluminum clad plexi? thats really nice, i do not think i have seen that done, especially with curves like that, If you pull it off, its going to be incredible, and i really like the circuitboard motif!

clad plexi? dont quite get what you wrote there:D but its acrylic plates with black foil over it. and the frame is steel IIRC xD

made a little change in the window design after a m8 gave me some inspiration.
window_v2_073.jpg

what do you think? :)

I like the new window design way better man, this computer is going to be sweet looking.

Last edited:
thanks:) i added some smaller design changes to the front panel, that i dont want to render, since its a time bandit:D
i will update in a few hours again. until then, enjoy my snow!:D

IMG_2411.JPG

and here you have second update! :)

First of all, thanks to Noiseblocker for sending me some fans to work with! More details and pictures about these fans can be found later on www.itrends.dk

I had to cut a lot of the case away, to make room for the massive HWLabs 420 mm radiator

1.JPG

This was the piece in the front that was cut off

2.JPG

I left a little ”hinge” for the radiator to support to, so the acrylic plate in front wasn’t carrying the whole thing alone.

3.JPG

This is the case in its VERY naked state. The little piece between the two sides on the front is going to be cut away too, since it’s visible through the front

4.JPG

And then there is this little piece, and again the piece described above

5.JPG

Rivets mutilated!

6.JPG

And then I went Mohawk with my dremel to Guns & roses on the mp3!

7.JPG

The cutout

8.JPG

I made a cut with a wide of 15.5 cm, since the radiator was written to be 15.3 on HWLabs hp. I discovered that it was in fact 15.4, so it was a tight fit!

9.JPG

The support for the motherboard tray was also removed, since it needed to be cut down to size.

10.JPG

Note all the dust and dirt… that’s where it sat lol

11.JPG

And here is the radiator passing through the middle plate again. I put two temperature sensors on the radiator, but these will most likely be moved to other places duo the fact that the radiator will be hot most of the time, and readings will then be flawed.

12.JPG

As planned is only two 5.25” bays available, and these are already cut down to size.

13.JPG

I got the first test plate cut out to see if everything was according to plan, and every single measurement was SPOT ON! The results of many hours of work with the ruler:D please note that this plate is ONLY for testing purpose. The finished plate will be cut in Green acrylic, and the foil will have more patterns, as you see in the drawings in update 1.

14.JPG

You can here see where I did the mounting of the front panel. These bolts will be cut down to size, and foil will be over the holes so you won’t be able to see this on the finished plate.

15.JPG

You can see on this pic, that the metal behind have not been cut yet.

16.JPG

And on these two you can see how the mounting will be done.

17.JPG

18.JPG

I changed the layout of the components a little bit, so that the psu stands vertically, with the pump/reservoir by its side. This makes the brackets I made for the 140 mm fans useless. But hey, at least they looked cool xD

19.JPG

This puny corsair psu will suffer the space for this one that will be in my mailbox today if everything goes well!

19a.png

I am going to route the cables on a way that I don’t recall ever seeing on any modding forum, so this is what I am putting most of my time on at the moment! So stay tuned for that in future updates!

I also got a package from www.noiseblocker.de that was kind enough to send some of the ULTRA hot fans for this project! More pics of these will come later on! You guys should really check their site and products out.

19b.JPG

As you can see of the picture of the giant radiator, I already got most of the water cooling gear from www.coolbits.dk ! Huge thanks for the support is appropriate.

The pump choice fell on a Laing ddc 3.2 18W pump.

20.JPG

Seconds later

21.JPG

And internals (flipped upside down)

22.JPG

Shortly after, the stock top was replaced with the EK V.2 top, along with a koolance male-male fitting, that allows me to put something on the pump :O what could that be :/
This will later on be changed for a black bitspower version!

23.JPG

So what could I place above that pump? How about one of the Jon Lund reservoirs!

24.JPG

The black color is IMO spot on, and with the XFX green psu fan behind it, this will look DOPE!

25.JPG

Normally a Lund reservoir comes with a G3/8 inlet hole in the top, but he offered to make a custom reservoir for this mod, which needed to be a bit shorter, and have a longer inlet tube, so that the flow won’t go Mohawk in the res.

That’s all for this time fokes! Stay tuned for more:D but until then, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

took some pics of the fans noiseblocker sent me to test on this build

((NB)) pron!

XK2 & PK3

IMG_2358.JPG

PK3

IMG_2366.JPG

PK3´s versus HWLabs 420

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2372.JPG

multiframe

IMG_2326.JPG

and look at this bundle that comes with the PK series!!!

IMG_2337.JPG

also comes with an optional rubber band around the fan.

IMG_2344.JPG

more to come;) just mounted 2 of the 120 mm versions to a noctua something something cooler inside a antec p193, and it looks EVIL! cant wait to show you guys!

Sooo, after a lot of measures, and hours in front of the computer i finally got the front plate cut out.

1.JPG

My last attempt at bending the test front plate failed big time, so i used an akrylic bending machine. Say hello to Bender!

2.JPG

Bender works by heating up a small area of the acrylic, and you can then put the acrylic into the 90 degree angle you see in the front of the machine.

3.JPG

Cold water is running trough this thing, so that the plate cools down relatively fast.

4.JPG

And KAZAM! Like a glove!

5.JPG

6.JPG

Now, next machine to have a little quality time with is this one:

7.JPG

It cuts the foil out, like a bunny on crack! I made a little vide wich you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbDg-VKU30

And here you see the foil. The middle is being cut in hand with a hobby knife.

8.JPG

Can anyone guess which of the plates i am using for PC-Beto?

9.JPG

Aplying the foil to the acrylic.

10.JPG

And the sides got cut out, and foil was put on them too!

11.JPG

And i had to cut the center out by hand.

12.JPG

The hardest thing was the tiny letters in the pc-beto

13.JPG

And the result!

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

And when put on the frame:

17.JPG

And look at this tight bend;)

18.JPG

The other side

19.JPG

From the inside. Remember that the frame is going to be powder coated!

20.JPG

And the new PSU plate that makes the psu stand vertically.

21.JPG

Thats all for this time;) More will come, and i have a nice surprise stored for you! just need to get some parts home before i will share that:D

Looks fancy :) Is pretty much a case make-over, or a from-scratch case than just modding an existing case :)

I got a similar tower case hanging around as well. Maybe I'll mod it some day too :D

Absolutely epic build! I can't wait to see the case powder coated with that awesome shell on it! Keep going!!

You from Denmark?
this is a good idea. I wish i had more than a dremel and sandpaper like you do.
Cant wait to see it in the end. Your PSU reminded me of an XBOX for some reason.

This will look amazing, can't wait for the next updates.

Question. Why not use the inverse vinyl and then paint the case black, then remove the vinyl template? The finish should be a lot better I would think. No little rips in the edge of the vinyl and no bubbles either.

Simply amazing. I love the simple shape/line design and the contrasting green and black. At first I thought the renders were the real thing lol. Keep up the good work.

Don't think there's any bubbles, the bit that looks like it are uncut screw holes.

What specific material is it that you printed out to place on the acrylic? I am making a faceplate for a 5.25" bay reservoir and that would be alot easier to do.

hey how do you like your roland plotter? i have a mimaki and that thing cuts pretty nicely too. if you don't mind, how old is the roland as well? i'm fine to take my answer in a PM. also, i love the acrylic bender. superb job so far

wow thanks a lot all! really apriciate the great feedback!!

You from Denmark?
this is a good idea. I wish i had more than a dremel and sandpaper like you do.
Cant wait to see it in the end. Your PSU reminded me of an XBOX for some reason.

Yeah, odense to be pricise:D
the psu is awsome:p

This will look amazing, can't wait for the next updates.

Question. Why not use the inverse vinyl and then paint the case black, then remove the vinyl template? The finish should be a lot better I would think. No little rips in the edge of the vinyl and no bubbles either.

beacuse painting on acrylic wont hold, and will scratch off over time:) and there is almost no bubbles on the foil atm:D

Don't think there's any bubbles, the bit that looks like it are uncut screw holes.

How right you are:D

What specific material is it that you printed out to place on the acrylic? I am making a faceplate for a 5.25" bay reservoir and that would be alot easier to do.

Just standard foil:) ask a sign company, they usually has this stuff in stock:D

hey how do you like your roland plotter? i have a mimaki and that thing cuts pretty nicely too. if you don't mind, how old is the roland as well? i'm fine to take my answer in a PM. also, i love the acrylic bender. superb job so far

nice catch;) the roland isnt mine, and i would shoot it to be a few years old:) it can cut way faster than that there, but not on this kind of pattern:D

and a small update here, i got the cable system done this week, so expect an update when i get home from litaun mid february;)

action shot:
DSC02949.JPG

IM AN UNCLE!
sort of xD​

My sister and her BF just picked up their new dog yesterday :D a 2 years old english bulldog!

Aint she a beauty!
everybody, meet lulu!

1.JPG

2.JPG

Lulu likes candy, but cant have it:(

3.JPG

Stay tuned;)

Awesome work with that acrylic. I love how its nearly identical to the concept you had, keep it up! That dog looks so sad about not being able to have the candy.

thanks dudes:D

next update will now feature leds, 140 mm fans, watercooling, and nicle plating of the dog:p

Cute dog, if nothing else with that tounge no one in the family will ever have to a lick another stamp for themselves.

Enthusiastically Subscribed! :D

This is one of the most kick-butt mods I've ever seen. Keep up the good work! :)

for helping me out on this project!

And so it began! i started out with about 2.5 square meters of acrylic, and now have little left.

I would like to thank my new sponsors, www.matronics.dk for sending me some AWSOME light for this project! f#ck ccfl´s. get some led strips from there :D i used them in my privious build, and the one they send me for this one takes the cake! RGB strips with wireless sound controller! Thanks! Tune in soon, and i will update the video with the light effects;) And thanks to bitspower for helping me out with some goddies that you all know whats gonna be;)

some of the parts matronic sent!

1.jpg

1a.jpg

I also got the parts painted! matte black ftmfw!

2.jpg

i used theese black rivets to rivet it all back together

3.jpg

also got some wire stuff home;)

5.jpg

now what is all this going to be used for ? :S

THIS!

6.jpg

that ended out like this. See all that wire? Its starting to make sense now huh?

7.jpg

7a.jpg

imagine all the little holes where there is wire in, like you see above

9.jpg

that they be sleeved, so that every wire will look like this

10.jpg

Now for the explanation.

The 7 holes that sits in a square in the upper part of the cabletray is getting these inserted into them. You can then swap psu as crazy often as you like, since you dont have wires running in a maze through thousands of holes.

11.jpg

Now for the fun part.

I had to solder the correct cables to each of the 24 pin connector, since they were made with different lengths. Say hello to mister happy solder station!

12.jpg

slowly, but certanly getting all the buggers on, and applying heatshrink on each, so that i wont have any fires in there -.-

13.jpg

fans will have an output port like this:

14.jpg

and the pump will have a slightly different one here:

15.jpg

some of you have seen this pic:

16.jpg

The thing that was in homers background is this:

17.jpg

And it will be mounted like this on the backplate

18.jpg

And how it was put on. I tapped 4 mm holes and used some black dome head 4 mm bolts i have.

19.jpg

The dome head bolts will also be used on the front.

20.jpg

And as you can see, the 24 wires is taking up quite a bit of space in the cable tray:/ dont know if i will be able to fit the 12 wires for the 6 pins, but i have to:D

21.jpg

The fans also got some love

22.jpg

And the 8 pin got sleeved. This will also be done to the 24 pin, and 6 pins.

23.jpg

The little buggers in front is the clips that i had to use, to get the extender. took some time to get done, but it will be worth it!

24.jpg

i think that was that for this update:) Next time i will have some more goodies to show you, some of them from my new sponsor, and a little something something that i got made instead of the res i have now;)

worth the wait? If not, ill update again in a week or so;)

Last edited:
Pretty, sweet. I am working on Ideas for my new case mod and was thinking of making a Custom PCB, or cable harness like yours, to bridge between the top of the Case, where the PSU is, to the bottom where the motherboard is.

Keep us waiting to much and someone may come to your house and make you post images!!!

I must say that the thought of soldering all those wires and connectors together doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Good job pulling through! :D

Pretty, sweet. I am working on Ideas for my new case mod and was thinking of making a Custom PCB, or cable harness like yours, to bridge between the top of the Case, where the PSU is, to the bottom where the motherboard is.

Keep us waiting to much and someone may come to your house and make you post images!!!

haha do that, and ill make some food, and you can help with the soldering and sleeving lol :p

I must say that the thought of soldering all those wires and connectors together doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Good job pulling through! :D

it aint exactly fun either:D but it has to be done:p

haha do that, and ill make some food, and you can help with the soldering and sleeving lol :p

OK, I am really good at soldering, where do you live?

:D

one question, where did you get those PCB mount connectors?

Back