Pay Day the Heist $4.99 on Gamefly

Just got an email about this. I heard it was pretty cool and has co-op?

It's a crime 4-player coop... L4D but robbing banks... not a great analogy since it has more strategic depth than L4D, but reasonable. It's a solid game. Well worth 5 bucks, easily.

Is it worth it if you play alone? I'm not sure I know anyone who owns this.

Is it worth it if you play alone? I'm not sure I know anyone who owns this.

I thought so, I got in on the last $5 special..

you can go thru each of the missions a couple times getting better armor, weapons, sights, etc.. it will keep your interest long enough to be worth $5.. and then some.

like most steam games, you can play online with strangers, but I always get booted when I try, presumably because my guy isnt high enough lvl

it amazes me how hard it has been trying to convince some of my cheap freinds to buy it.. you cant even buy lunch @ mcdonalds for $5 any more. If it kept my interest for 5 hours it would have been well worth it, and I am sure I have way more than that in it.

Well, I can't speak for your experience but it seems a great many of my Steam "friends" are cheap-ass high schoolers or something.

you guys should start posting Steam IDs if you want to get more people to play with. I need to get another headset first as I vacuumed over mine and mangled it up.

Wow, okay so...got this installed, tried to play and as soon as I tried to change the resolution I got an infinitely looping sound + CTD with "Engine has stopped working". Had to reboot to get the sound to shut up. Tried again, alt-tabbed out, same thing. :mad:

Win 7 x64, latest beta nVidia drivers.

EDIT: Think I figured it out. Can't be running D3DOverrider or MSI On-screen thing apparently. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
They don't accept Paypal so no purchase for me. I am not going to get a $25 prepaid card for a $5 game.

Played a little last night solo. Still pretty fun, but I can see co-op being awesome for this. My Steam name is MavericK99966 if anyone wants to add me and do some co-op this weekend or something. :cool:

I watched a review on youtube before thinking about buying this. To me this is a must...

HAVE FRIENDS TO PLAY THIS WITH!

The game is horrible for solo since you cannot give the AI's a job to do. You will be the one doing everything, which is quite annoying IMO.

That's true, but the AI actually does a pretty good job of keeping police off your back while you do things, so they're not totally useless.

I've had good experiences with random servers. Usually I only get booted for ping. There's not a ton of people playing though so sometimes it's hard to find a local server.

But other than that, most players are mature it seems and do a good job accomplishing the heist.

Back