Path of Exile 2

The Narrator sounds like Tyreal from Diablo...

Anyways, looks good! Fond memories of Path of Exile before it got consolitus. Hopefully the second one will keep this camera orientation.
 
The Narrator sounds like Tyreal from Diablo...

Anyways, looks good! Fond memories of Path of Exile before it got consolitus. Hopefully the second one will keep this camera orientation.
The camera you see during the gameplay scenes is what it will look like, which will be a nice change from the original game where the camera was too zoomed in and not really at the classic ARPG isometric angle. I'm done with the original game now, but really looking forward to checking out POE2 and D2: Resurrected.
 
I like the new skill system... but beta wont be till 2022
 
Whoa, that looks amazing! IGN has a 19 minute video, but I'll have to wait until after work.
 
Path of Exile 2 is 'freaking huge': adds 6 new classes, 100 bosses, and will run side-by-side with PoE

The Path of Exile 2 closed beta starts on June 7, 2024...

https://www.pcgamer.com/path-of-exile-2-preview-6-new-classes-first-details/


Watch some of the exilecon stuff they had today. Overall interested to see how it plays out. Also concerned with some stuff. More ARPGs are good though so will play it. Nice they don't feel rushed but the date for the beta was a shock.
 
I thought we'd get less than this and sooner, but more and a little later is good too :). Looking forward to trying the new skills.
 
I like that PoE 2 has more thought and effort put into the combat. PoE 1 is just zoom zoom, one shot everything before it kills you and the reason for this is that mob power is also over-tuned. But in PoE2 I like the idea of base power going down for monsters and players and having more strategic combat. The environments are stunning. It looks so polished for a f2p game.
 
Path of Exile 2 Beta Delayed from June to Late 2024

Grinding Gear Games announced a delay in the beta test that was previously slated for June...while the content is in place, the team disclosed the need for more time to properly polish Path of Exile 2...as such, the beta test will now take place at some point in late 2024...however an Alpha test will still be conducted in June...

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1770907759233409234
 
I'm so hyped for this, I like PoE a lot but my time with it is over. I played about 2k hours and I just can't bring myself to play the campaign anymore. I think they really have something with this one, I have pretty high hopes for it.
 
I'm so hyped for this, I like PoE a lot but my time with it is over. I played about 2k hours and I just can't bring myself to play the campaign anymore. I think they really have something with this one, I have pretty high hopes for it.
I have over 6k hours in I believe, still going strong with the game. I'm gonna be sad when it gets the Overwatch treatment.
 
Hey all, is there any value in playing the original before PoE 2 or should I just start fresh with the new title as a newb? Looking at this one as my next game. Like its chances for longevity.
 
Hey all, is there any value in playing the original before PoE 2 or should I just start fresh with the new title as a newb? Looking at this one as my next game. Like its chances for longevity.
POE takes thousands of hours to master. I've said it before in the main thread, but after over 6,000 hours of game play I still learn new nuances and "combos" occasionally. The game is deep deep. I think you should play it until POE 2 comes out, it would be great practice and it is honestly the best isometric ARPG ever made IMO. I do believe the story in POE 2 is going to pick up after the fall Oriath, so it might behoove you to get the background if you are into stories. You can play hundreds of hours per season with all the content the OG game has.
 
Hey all, is there any value in playing the original before PoE 2 or should I just start fresh with the new title as a newb? Looking at this one as my next game. Like its chances for longevity.
I would, people skip through the lore and story but it's actually excellent. If it were me, I'd just find a build I want to play online, and follow a guide. Just go run through with a good build, find stuff that has stats relevant to your build and play through the campaign.
 
POE takes thousands of hours to master. I've said it before in the main thread, but after over 6,000 hours of game play I still learn new nuances and "combos" occasionally. The game is deep deep. I think you should play it until POE 2 comes out, it would be great practice and it is honestly the best isometric ARPG ever made IMO. I do believe the story in POE 2 is going to pick up after the fall Oriath, so it might behoove you to get the background if you are into stories. You can play hundreds of hours per season with all the content the OG game has.
Right!? I just fought the big god, and didn't do enough damage and am on a second playthrough with differences from the first playthrough. Wild (and I think I am actually following story but try not to spoil)!
 
Early access was pushed back 3 weeks to December 6.

https://x.com/pathofexile/status/1851096646140166559
https://xcancel.com/pathofexile/status/1851096646140166559

1730212361681.png


On that note: Can we not start a new thread for every new season after this game comes out? It was quite annoying that the OP locked the main thread for the original game and started that trend.
 
I hope it supports 32:9.

Been looking forward to this game for a min.
 
Probably late so they can add Denuvo.......
Why would they use Denuvo on a live service game? I know some of you guys hate Denuvo, but at least try to be realistic with your complaints :p!

They explained it's because of their account databases snd preserving data to fulfill their promise of keeping customer purchases from poe1.
 
Why would they use Denuvo on a live service game? I know some of you guys hate Denuvo, but at least try to be realistic with your complaints :p!

They explained it's because of their account databases snd preserving data to fulfill their promise of keeping customer purchases from poe1.
Sorry, should have explained it was a joke for the slower folks.
 
Where do we actually sign up and pay for early access? Anyone have the specific link for that?
 
Where do we actually sign up and pay for early access? Anyone have the specific link for that?
You can't, yet. I don't think GGG are doing a standalone client like the first game, so you'll buy into it on Steam.
 
Back
Top