Patch Management

VeeDubbs

Limp Gawd
Is there any software out there that will allow me to centrally manage and PUSH updates to all of my Windows servers? I don't believe WSUS does that, correct?

LANDesk can do that, and more. Sadly they have kinda gone to shit as of lately. There is Zenworks, Spiceworks, Bigfix, Altiris (Symantec), just to name a few of the other products in that market.

We use Shavlik to push out patches to on air video output machines, works great

You can use WSUS for all Windows updates, Office updates, Skype (now), and other MS software. You also can use the WSUS agent and tech to distribute third party stuff that you create or setup. Shavlik uses that infrastructure. There's also a free one called Local Update Publisher (LUP) that you can create "updates" that get pushed through Windows Update using EXEs and MSIs. We use that.

You can use WSUS for all Windows updates, Office updates, Skype (now), and other MS software. You also can use the WSUS agent and tech to distribute third party stuff that you create or setup. Shavlik uses that infrastructure. There's also a free one called Local Update Publisher (LUP) that you can create "updates" that get pushed through Windows Update using EXEs and MSIs. We use that.

We use this exact setup too to manage our Java/flash/etc updates through our WSUS server. Works well for the most part, although certain 3rd party updates sometimes need a bit of tweaking to get published properly.

Use N:mad:vell Zenw:mad:rks

:p .... trust me I am kidding when i say that

WSUS will do what you want

I'm using Kaseya IT Center (pay per agent per month) for my updates, monitoring alerts, and remote control at work. It's a bit of a beast to get it all configured, but well worth it when it starts doing entire job functions for you. :)

I have used manage engine desktop central and it worked very well.

We used it to patch all operating system and third party software updates.

Back