Well I've been putting off upgrading for a while but its gotten to the point where the only people I know with a slower system are my parents. 
Current Rig(built roughly Nov '06):
Opteron 165 @ 2.5ghz w/ Thermalright SI-128 (non-SE)
2gb Mushkin ddr1 pc4000
budget EOL MSI 939 board
250gb WD hdd
16x lite-on DVD burner
320mb xfx 8800 gts(gifted from a friend)
Enhance 500w psu
Antec p160 case
Dell 22" 1680x1050 monitor
1) What will you be doing with this PC?
Light to Moderate gaming(BFBC 2, Company of Heroes, WoW, looking forward to the SW mmo)
I'm also usually the host server in games that support it online since I have the best connection out of my friends
Light to Moderate photo work(Photoshop and Light room, Pentax K-x)
Potential HD Video editing(looking at a GoPro HD)
HD playback
Websurfing
2) What's your budget?
If possible I'd like to keep it under $500 w/tax and shipping
If you think I can sell the old parts for any worth while amount of money you can add that to the budget
I have no problem shopping online and I live within an hour of both Fry's and Microcenter
I've also bought used in the past without issue but I'd prefer new
3) Where do you live?
GA, USA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget?
I've built AMD systems and Intel systems, I've run both ATi and Nvidia cards. You'll find no fanboy here.
Right now I'd like to focus on the CPU, Mobo, Ram, and PSU.
I'll look at upgrading the vid card and maybe adding an SSD around the end of the year unless some killer deal pops up.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing?
I have no problem putting off upgrading the 8800 for a while, it seems to be doing ok atm.
I can also reuse the case, DVD burner, monitor, audio setup, and my KB(ps2)/mouse.
I'm not sure if I can reuse the CPU heatsink. If the AMD mount system hasn't changed since 939 I guess it'll work. I doubt the 775 bracket that came with it will work on the newer Intel sockets though.
I have an unopenned WD 640gb Black edition sitting in a box waiting for a home.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I'd like to keep it stock for now but I have no problem overclocking
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Currently Dell 22" 1680x1050. Maybe at some point down the line I'll go with a dual setup or something higher rez but not in the next 6 months
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
1-3 months
9) What features do you need in a motherboard?
I currently use the optical digital out on the mobo to send sound to my receiver.
I'd like the new mobo to support this as well or I'll need a cheap sound card.
It'd be nice to have multiple gpu support but its not a deal breaker if I don't, other than that maybe USB3
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
I have an unopenned Win 7 Pro 64bit waiting on a home
Thanks ya'll
Current Rig(built roughly Nov '06):
Opteron 165 @ 2.5ghz w/ Thermalright SI-128 (non-SE)
2gb Mushkin ddr1 pc4000
budget EOL MSI 939 board
250gb WD hdd
16x lite-on DVD burner
320mb xfx 8800 gts(gifted from a friend)
Enhance 500w psu
Antec p160 case
Dell 22" 1680x1050 monitor
1) What will you be doing with this PC?
Light to Moderate gaming(BFBC 2, Company of Heroes, WoW, looking forward to the SW mmo)
I'm also usually the host server in games that support it online since I have the best connection out of my friends
Light to Moderate photo work(Photoshop and Light room, Pentax K-x)
Potential HD Video editing(looking at a GoPro HD)
HD playback
Websurfing
2) What's your budget?
If possible I'd like to keep it under $500 w/tax and shipping
If you think I can sell the old parts for any worth while amount of money you can add that to the budget
I have no problem shopping online and I live within an hour of both Fry's and Microcenter
I've also bought used in the past without issue but I'd prefer new
3) Where do you live?
GA, USA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget?
I've built AMD systems and Intel systems, I've run both ATi and Nvidia cards. You'll find no fanboy here.
Right now I'd like to focus on the CPU, Mobo, Ram, and PSU.
I'll look at upgrading the vid card and maybe adding an SSD around the end of the year unless some killer deal pops up.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing?
I have no problem putting off upgrading the 8800 for a while, it seems to be doing ok atm.
I can also reuse the case, DVD burner, monitor, audio setup, and my KB(ps2)/mouse.
I'm not sure if I can reuse the CPU heatsink. If the AMD mount system hasn't changed since 939 I guess it'll work. I doubt the 775 bracket that came with it will work on the newer Intel sockets though.
I have an unopenned WD 640gb Black edition sitting in a box waiting for a home.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I'd like to keep it stock for now but I have no problem overclocking
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Currently Dell 22" 1680x1050. Maybe at some point down the line I'll go with a dual setup or something higher rez but not in the next 6 months
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
1-3 months
9) What features do you need in a motherboard?
I currently use the optical digital out on the mobo to send sound to my receiver.
I'd like the new mobo to support this as well or I'll need a cheap sound card.
It'd be nice to have multiple gpu support but its not a deal breaker if I don't, other than that maybe USB3
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?
I have an unopenned Win 7 Pro 64bit waiting on a home
Thanks ya'll