Pascal Marty McFly Gilcher Ray Tracing mod

Has anyone used the Ray Tracing software mod developed by Pascal Gilcher? If so, which games and hardware? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

I'm thinking about giving it a whirl.

From what I've seen all it does is make every surface shiny. It's like a ray tracing stereotype. And since it uses the shader pipeline it is not real ray tracing and so could never recreate what ray tracing actually does. If he is selling that stuff for his Patreon subs then I wouldn't bother. If it was free then it might be worth trying out yourself.

I used this on Assassin's Creed and it helped quite a bit, I do recommend giving it a try, and, no, I didn't pay for it. There was a reddit thread with the latest version uploaded, a quick Google search and you too can find it.

Also:

I used this on Assassin's Creed and it helped quite a bit, I do recommend giving it a try, and, no, I didn't pay for it. There was a reddit thread with the latest version uploaded, a quick Google search and you too can find it.

Also:

cool.

the only thing that we play in my house is minecraft and flight sim....oh and I did play day of the tentacle recently.

I've seen some shots of what shaders and ray tracing does in minecraft and it really looks so much different than vanilla.

Back