• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Partitioning a single 160GB HD

Stonejaw

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
95
I have a 160GB WD HD and I was wondering what the advantage to if any is there in partitioning it to have a small portion of partitioned for just Windows and the rest for storage? Otherwise I will just use it as a single drive

Thanks
 
One of the nice things of having it on 2 partitions is that if you need to reinstall your os at a later time you can format the main partition and leave your data on the other one. Thanks about it
 
It also helps keep the fragmentation level down a bit. But it's mostly for ease of reformatting, yeah.
 
I'm not a big fan of having a single huge C drive. As mentioned above, if I'm only using a single drive, I like to have two primary, independent partitions. One for the OS and apps, and the other for storage.
 
On my main system I have a 80 gig boot drive and then a raid for storing my crap. Pretty much the 80 gig drive is used as backup for the more important stuff on the raid as well.
 
Back
Top