Partial build for Sandy Bridge System

I recently came into a few new parts to build a upgrade from the build that i have in my sig. I was going to go with a haswell till a friend of mine sold me these parts that are pretty much new.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming pretty much any game you can play on a PC. MMOs, FPS, RPGs you name it, I most likely play it
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Still like to keep the remaining parts under $1000
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Memphis, TN
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Motherboard, SSD, HDD, Video Card (Possibility of SLI if possible), Power Supply
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I acquired a ik5 2500K processor with a zalman cooler. not sure of the exact model
Corsair 800D case
8 GB of corsair vengenance 8 GB DDR3 1600 RAM

6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes. The CPU has been tested stable at 4.4Ghz
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
I run dual 23" monitors with a resolution of 19x12
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP Most likely in the week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support?
USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
Possibility of doing SLI cards depending on costs. USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

Like I said above, its just an upgrade right now for me. I may buy an ivy bridge i7 in a month or two to throw into it instead but I am using the parts I got from my friend right now.

No point in getting the i7 since you're not anything that would require it.

Fine out what Zalman cooler you have.

No point in getting the i7 since you're not anything that would require it.

Fine out what Zalman cooler you have.

i dont' have the box with me and i havent pulled it off the motherboard yet but it appears to be a cooler master hyper 212 plus w/ 2 fans.

i dont' have the box with me and i havent pulled it off the motherboard yet but it appears to be a cooler master hyper 212 plus w/ 2 fans.
Is it installed on your current CPU and mobo? If so, how long ago did you buy that HSF? Do you still have the LGA 1156 brackets?

Yea it is installed on the current mobo it is in. I don't have the other brackets. They can be acquired if needed. The pci express slot is dead on it or I would just use that motherboard

I don't have the other brackets. They can be acquired if needed.
Well, yes you do need those brackets in order to install that HSF onto that Sandy Bridge system. However, Coolermaster charges roughly $8 plus shipping for the brackets for that HSF. So might as well just get a new HSF altogether since a new Hyper 212+ costs $25 shipped these days.

All right, here's a preliminary build:
$135 - Asus P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 ATX Motherboard
$295 - eVGA 02G-P4-3660-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB PCI-E Video Card
$220 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
$96 - Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$110 - Corsair HX750 750W Modular PSU
$25 - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus HSF for LGA 1366 and LGA 1156
----
Total: $881 plus tax and shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was most likely getting a new cooler. Any suggestions or stick with the same model cooler master?

Thanks for the suggestions. I was most likely getting a new cooler. Any suggestions or stick with the same model cooler master?

Stick with it. Still one of the best bang for the buck HSF out there.

Back