Paper launch this weekend?

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
I haven't really seen much speculation about the next gen Nvidia cards on here.

This weekend is Geforce LAN out here in Alameda. There have been a number of hints by people who appear to be under NDA that there is going to be a big announcement made at the LAN Party.

They introduced the 6800 series, 7800 series, and 8800 series all at past Geforce LAN events, none of which they poured nearly as much effort into as this current LAN (it's going to have more people and be inside an aircraft carrier).

People are being extremely tight-lipped about what the announcement might be, but i'll finish by leaving you with this quote from TomsHardware dated Sept 22nd:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-pc-console-sales-battlefield-3-bf3-pc-gaming,13499.html
I met with Nvidia recently to talk about gaming in general, as well as look at some exciting new hardware coming out in the near future. The latter is hush-hush until next month, but when it comes to the state of PC gaming, it's open season.

Thoughts?

Haven't been following the rumor mill on the next gen nvidia cards a whole lot. But from what I hear about issues with 28nm I bet if it is new cards it will be a dieshrink of the GTX 500 series on 28nm. I doubt it will be a whole new card. Just 28nm, higher clocks, possibly faster memory/more of it.

New card might be the GTX595. I'm incredibly sceptical the 28nm refresh of Fermi will be out until the HD7800 series is next year.

kepler wont be out until atleast q1 2012, might even be as late as start of q2

I'm voting late Q2 or Q3 for Kepler. The 28nm refresh of Fermi will come first, and even that's not going to be a while.

You got part of it right .. it is definitely a "2" and not a "2.0"
:eek:

Aha!! I got it now. 590 GX2 just like the 9800 GX2. Either that or GTX 590 Version 2 or V2. I think the 590 GX2 is more likely as nvidia loves resurrecting old naming schemes. :D

If there is something, they've done a bang up job of keeping it under wraps. Of course, they managed to keep the 5xx's under wraps too...

Aha!! I got it now. 590 GX2 just like the 9800 GX2. Either that or GTX 590 Version 2 or V2. I think the 590 GX2 is more likely as nvidia loves resurrecting old naming schemes. :D

Nah GTX580GX2. The 590 is already dual GPU so that wouldn't make any sense.
God, I can just see it now. GTX580 Ultra next year, then the GTX570XT and.... Ugh, they're gonna do it aren't they? I can't look... :(

Nah GTX580GX2. The 590 is already dual GPU so that wouldn't make any sense.
God, I can just see it now. GTX580 Ultra next year, then the GTX570XT and.... Ugh, they're gonna do it aren't they? I can't look... :(

LOL yes. 580GX2 makes more sense. or as you said GTX 580GX2. What do you mean by 570XT. The XT in specific, I never remember nvidia using that before but perhaps I'm having a memory lapse.

You are all getting *COLD* now :p

You need some hints? Think "________ 2"
:D

The sad part is that i need to write about it tonight and i am still working on Part 2 of my FX-8150 evaluation

You are all getting *COLD* now :p

You need some hints? Think "________ 2"
:D

The sad part is that i need to write about it tonight and i am still working on Part 2 of my FX-8150 evaluation

Well let's see it can't be fermi 2 cause the GTx 500 series is kinda already fermi 2. Maybe GTX 580 2? That would be a first. I'm not sure what it is but I'm getting kinda curious. Apoppin will it actually be a paper launch as this thread title suggests or a official hard launch of some product your under NDA on and can't reveal any details on? :D

BTW for those that don't know appopin is the senior graphics editor at alienbabeltech.com

Well let's see it can't be fermi 2 cause the GTx 500 series is kinda already fermi 2. Maybe GTX 580 2? That would be a first. I'm not sure what it is but I'm getting kinda curious. Apoppin will it actually be a paper launch as this thread title suggests or a official hard launch of some product your under NDA on and can't reveal any details on? :D

BTW for those that don't know appopin is the senior graphics editor at alienbabeltech.com

No, you are thinking in a completely wrong direction. Think of ALL that Nvidia does. And where it is going to be launched.

And i am technically, Editor-in-Chief at ABT

;)

EDIT: Where did anyone get the idea that anything would be "paper launched"? i am expecting a hard sample
. . . eventually
:p

No, you are thinking in a completely wrong direction. Think of ALL that Nvidia does. And where it is going to be launched.

And i am technically, Editor-in-Chief at ABT

;)

EDIT: Where did anyone get the idea that anything would be "paper launched"? i am expecting a hard sample.

Okay now your talking. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say PhysX 2. Forgive me for not being too excited about something like that. It would have to make a much bigger difference in games for me to care about that. Also there are several rumors of a GTX 595 that is coming out for the battlefield 3 launch. Here is where I first heard of it. http://www.nordichardware.com/news/...g-on-doped-dual-gpu-card-geforce-gtx-595.html Supposedly people were gaming on them but nvidia said it's a unreleased card and they can't reveal the name at that time.

Well, not PhysX 2

More important, i think

anyway, nice to see you again .. i have to get back to writing about it
;)

GTX595GX2...

Dual single-PCB-dual-gpu in dual-PCB card. Quad SLI in 2 slots, ability to do x16 SLI. Heard it here first, folks.

I hope its something with a ton of VRAM.

Battlefield 3 just gobbles every scrap of VRAM you can throw at it.

If you want to game in Surround Vision in 3D with settings at the max with 16x AA you practically need 3GB per card per monitor.

In addition, there’ll be a 64-player Battlefield 3 multiplayer setup, featuring three brand new maps, PC workshops from NVIDIA technology partners, introductions and demonstrations of new 3D Vision products, and full access to the USS Hornet’s museum, hangar bays, war rooms and flight decks for history buffs. And of course, you can also sleep in the ship in the crew quarters, assuming you don’t pass out at your computer first from constant gaming.

http://www./News/articles/nvidia-ceo-battlefield-3-lead-developer-at-geforce-lan-6

They will at least launch some new 3D vision products. :)

Some of you guys are good!

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=116466&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1617501&highlight=

3D Vision 2. Light boost for much brighter displays and larger glasses with some improvements with less crosstalk etc.
-- best of all - i actually *guessed* in my article that they would bring this out. This was in my conclusion over a month ago:
The only technical issue that we have with 3D Vision is that it is relatively dark compared to 2D gaming. And we understand that the next generation of 3D Vision may have some active light boosting techniques as Nvidia works to perfect their S3D solution for PC gaming.

My news bit will be a bit late .. as usual

Nice, Here is a pic of their new kit, glasses look much better

geforce-3d-vision2-glasses-kit-medium-3qtr.png

3D Vision 2 Wireless glasses kit include:

- One pair of 3D Vision 2 glasses
- One 6ft USB cable
- One 10ft USB cable
- One 3D Vision USB controller/IR emitter
- One Storage pouch
- Two nose pieces
- Quick start guide

Nvidia is miles and miles better than AMD in this category

I'm here now @ GeForce LAN and no new video card announcement. Just improved 3D glasses and new 3D Monitors that do 3D better....

Lookin forward to see how much backwards compatibility there is with this. I'm not as much concerned about the lightboost feature as I am the wider lenses. Would pick up a pair just to use with my existing 3D surround setup.

Lookin forward to see how much backwards compatibility there is with this. I'm not as much concerned about the lightboost feature as I am the wider lenses. Would pick up a pair just to use with my existing 3D surround setup.

According to the web conference with Nvidia, the glasses will be interchangeable. Using LightBoost Glasses with 3D Vision (1) will actually give some image improvement .... i haven't got the new tech for evaluation yet ... probably because i took 5 months to play 80 games in 3D Vision with their evaluation Hardware.

Here is an actual evaluation of 3D Vision 2 (where the panel was defective)
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1742/4/

i am hoping they send me the new 27" ASUS display... The 3x23" ASUS displays that they sent to me are doing double duty for my Eyefinity/Surround evaluations.
:cool:

According to the web conference with Nvidia, the glasses will be interchangeable. Using LightBoost Glasses with 3D Vision (1) will actually give some image improvement .... i haven't got the new tech for evaluation yet ... probably because i took 5 months to play 80 games in 3D Vision with their evaluation Hardware.

i am hoping they send me the new 27" ASUS display... The 3x23" ASUS displays that they sent to me are doing double duty for my Eyefinity/Surround evaluations.

I hope you get the new 27 inch too. Also if not too much trouble, post your thoughts on the new ones compared to the old ones. I have 3 of the old ones right now (see sig) and I love these monitors. I may consider upgrading if the new ones are that much better.

I hope you get the new 27 inch too. Also if not too much trouble, post your thoughts on the new ones compared to the old ones. I have 3 of the old ones right now (see sig) and I love these monitors. I may consider upgrading if the new ones are that much better.
i like them also. i am afraid however, that i will like the 27" better mainly because 3D is a better experience with a larger screen. And with more brightness ....

And i am hoping that we see 3x2 3D Vision Surround before 3D Vision 3
-- or maybe AMD will attempt it with 3x2 Eyefinity in HD3D

Wicked, I'll be ordering a pair ASAP.

Back