Paper launch this weekend?

According to the web conference with Nvidia, the glasses will be interchangeable. Using LightBoost Glasses with 3D Vision (1) will actually give some image improvement .... i haven't got the new tech for evaluation yet ... probably because i took 5 months to play 80 games in 3D Vision with their evaluation Hardware.
:p

Here is an actual evaluation of 3D Vision 2 (where the panel was defective)
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1742/4/

i am hoping they send me the new 27" ASUS display... The 3x23" ASUS displays that they sent to me are doing double duty for my Eyefinity/Surround evaluations.
:cool:

Please do some tests regarding glasses only as upgrade alternative. As it is, I am barely using my 3D vision kit, because the "new" feeling is gone and I find them more as a distraction to gameplay then addition due to fatigue.

Some games, especially top-down games like HOMM 5 and Titan Quest, is way more immersive in 3D. If some of the distractions (like the "gaming with sunglasses" dark feeling) goes away, I might use them more.

I also noticed that with 3D vision (1) glasses, the color temperature of the screen seems to be lowered due to the filtering effect of the glasses. If the new glasses have a more blueish tint then the old ones, it might counteract that a bit. Could you check the tint?

Boo. I wanted next gen card news. Especially more VRAM on all the cards. Higher resolutions are becoming the new standard w/ 30" monitors and dual/triple monitor gaming becoming much more common.

3D just isn't taking off as much as the electronics manufacturers wish.....especially with glasses and added fatigue. I still think we are a decade or more away from a good solution.

My GTX580 is not cutting it and I don't like SLI. I'm going for the next-gen AMD or Nvidia, whichever comes first.

AMD then, almost certainly. Don't expect the sort of gains you'd get from GTX580 SLI though, you're unlikely to see something 85%+ faster than a 580 come out at the start of next gen.

AMD then, almost certainly. Don't expect the sort of gains you'd get from GTX580 SLI though, you're unlikely to see something 85%+ faster than a 580 come out at the start of next gen.

I heard next-gen was suppose to be a huge jump in performance. :(

It will be, but look at past generations - the HD5870 was only 40% faster than the GTX285, and the GTX280 was only 40% faster than the 9800GTX+.

My GTX580 is not cutting it and I don't like SLI. I'm going for the next-gen AMD or Nvidia, whichever comes first.

A 580 not cutting it? In what and what resolution? The 6970 is the only thing that can be faster and that's usually not by much. Though I guess we could see the 7000 this year.

'Not cutting it' doesn't mean 'there's something better', it means 'it's not sufficient'.

Back