painting a wifi panel antenna

brom42

2[H]4U
So I have an issue at work.

1) I link 2 of our campuses using a WiFi bridge on top of our clock tower.
2) Headmaster saw antenna after a year of it being there, declared it an eyesore and demanded its removal.
3) CFO won't shell out the money to run a hard line.
4) Clock tower is the only location on campus high enough to shoot over all the trees between campuses. (1 mile of dense forest between the campuses)
5) We came to the compromise that I will get the antenna painted by our art teacher to match the stonework and hide it between 2 of the merlons on the top parapet.
6) What should I do?

tl;dr: I need to paint an outdoor WiFi antenna. It needs to stand up to MN weather (-30F though 110F) and not degrade the signal. Suggestions?

I can only think of the obvious of not using a paint that contains some sort of metal.

So I have an issue at work.

1) I link 2 of our campuses using a WiFi bridge on top of our clock tower.
2) Headmaster saw antenna after a year of it being there, declared it an eyesore and demanded its removal.
3) CFO won't shell out the money to run a hard line.
4) Clock tower is the only location on campus high enough to shoot over all the trees between campuses. (1 mile of dense forest between the campuses)
5) We came to the compromise that I will get the antenna painted by our art teacher to match the stonework and hide it between 2 of the merlons on the top parapet.
6) What should I do?

tl;dr: I need to paint an outdoor WiFi antenna. It needs to stand up to MN weather (-30F though 110F) and not degrade the signal. Suggestions?

I can only think of the obvious of not using a paint that contains some sort of metal.

some kinda spray paint, but using a clear coat ?

I wouldn't expect most paints to cause any kind of trouble, you could test by painting some paper or something and covering it to make sure before you go through with it, but it should be fine.

I would not even try to paint it with any type of metallic paint because it could interfere with the signal.

Back