P67 vs Z77

psija

n00b
Is there any significant difference between AsRock P67 Extreme4 & AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance?

Im able to get both of them for almost same amount of money, 10$ more for Z77 board.
I am also able to get MSI z77g45 for the same price but I read that Asrock board is better.

Also, I am using i5 2500k and Id like to OC it.

Are you repairing a build with a failed motherboard, or are you going out and buying a 2500K, a motherboard, and some RAM? I'd advise against the latter - 2500K's are not particularly viable any more (the lack of HT really hurts frame times) and LGA 1155 boards are surprisingly expensive. Even a basic Ryzen build will outperform the 2500K and net you PCIe 3.0, NVMe, and more USB 3.0 ports.
If you are dead set on the 2500K, get the Z77 board. Z77 was the first platform with good USB 3.0 performance, and if you can find an Ivy Bridge CPU down the road you can also get PCIe 3.0.

For $10, the Z77 is worth it. If it were significantly more, then no.

Whichever board has better reviews. That bieng equal, the Z77 is slightly better.

Those are all good boards. The P67 has better VRM cooling and like others have said you do get some more USB 3.0 on the others.

Intel USB 3.0 is much faster and more compatible than anything else from that time period. There is no reason to buy the P67.

Also, if the P67 is from the first two launch months, then it's got a defect in the SATA 3Gbps controllers. You'd have to verify that it's the later revision (B3).

Finally, you don't get on-board video output on P67. That's a nice feature have if you're troubleshooting a discrete video card.

Back