P5W DH DX 1901 BIOS is out!

Scaramonga, I have downloded the 1901 bios. Question: Have you flashed your bios to the new 1901 version ? I finally have this "super terrific" wink wink Asus motherboard working with ver. 1707 bios and don't want to turn my pc into a brick. P. S. if you don't reply I'll assume the flash went well !!! Dantrax

as the elders say, dont try to fix what is not broken :D

Romeozor, I hope the new bios supporting higher fsb speed works. That might let me use the 2gb of 1066 ram (8500c5d) ram I bought for this asus p5wdh mobo. But I don't want to kill my pc with a bad bios flash either!!! On top of which, Dan D says the i975x chipset on this mobo only supports up to ddr2-800 ram. So I'll be looking into a new mobo down the road. Dantrax

Do NOT upgrade to this BIOS Dantrax!!!.........

Bad news about this..........once flashed there is NO RETURN to any previous BIOS!!!

Romeozor, I hope the new bios supporting higher fsb speed works. That might let me use the 2gb of 1066 ram (8500c5d) ram I bought for this asus p5wdh mobo. But I don't want to kill my pc with a bad bios flash either!!! On top of which, Dan D says the i975x chipset on this mobo only supports up to ddr2-800 ram. So I'll be looking into a new mobo down the road. Dantrax

That isn't quite what I said. The reality of it is that no motherboard outside the NVIDIA 500 and 600 series chipset based motherboards suppots memory speeds beyond DDR2 800 officially. I've got DDR2 PC2-7200 memory on P5W DH machine. It doesn't work past DDR2 800MHz. Now when I'm overclocking, I can certainly reach higher than DDR2 800MHz speeds.

That's only if you're using the Windows utility...

From XS Forums.......

Unbelievable.. Same thing happened to me, however I was trying to use ez-flash, windows flash, and afudos 2.07. Will try now with 2.21.

I am NOT happy with this bios at all. My once stable 385x9 at 1.58 vcore with 2.3 vdimm at 4-4-4-12 6-28 without a problem cannot do it anymore on 1901. Why is it that Asus is moving backwards with these subsequent bios updates? It's shameful.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO THIS BIOS!!! IT'S WORTHLESS AND WILL MAKE YOUR BOX UNSTABLE AND LOWER YOUR OVERCLOCK!

Thank you. Off to try to salvage 1707 back using this newer ver of afu dos.

Damn. 2.21 didn't work, and now that I scrolled up, the poster said 2.11. I'm too exhausted for tonight and will hopefully be successful in downgrading tomorrow. I was hoping for more stability and a possible higher memory clock, and all I got was the same thing that i'm getting used to with these past few bios releases; instability. What a shame.

'Heart Touching' :rolleyes:

Back