P5K Premium/WiFi-AP EATX12V power plug

FusionXP

Limp Gawd
On the P5K Premium there is a cap on 4 of the EATX12V connectors. Am I supposed remove that cap and attach the 8-pin power plug or leave the cap on and use only the 4-pin power plug?

In the manual it say "Use only either a 4-pin ATX12V or an 8-pin EPS +12V power plug for the EATX12V connector". :confused: So which is it and what is the difference?

Thanks

If your power supply has all 8 pins, take the cap off and use all 8 pins. If your power supply only has the 4 pin connector, leave the cap on and just use the 4 pins.

So which is the newer version? My PSU has both the 4 and 8 pin connectors.

But do you need all 8 pins connected? any power loss if all 8 are not connected?

reason im asking is im in the same dilema

But do you need all 8 pins connected? any power loss if all 8 are not connected?

reason im asking is im in the same dilema

If you are going to OC at all, then by all means use it, the difference came about When Intel change the P4 over to Socket 775, and it allowed the addition of more features so yes there's a lot of Power demand on Motherboards, and many functions are only added once the 8 Pin was added.
Some SLI Mobo's have extra +12v plugins to give them extra Power when in SLI Mode as two or more Graphics Cards can be demanding.

You can use all 8 pins or not use all 8 pins. If you have a psu with them all, then use them all, if you don't, you should still be fine. I've never had a problem not OCing with an older high end PSU with the 4-pins (OCZ Powerstream 520W).

Back