P5B Deluxe memory

fdexclpl

n00b
What is everyone using for memory in this board? I tried the Corsair DDR2-800 5-5-5-12. It was not compatible. I tried two different sets, no go. I could use some recommendations. I would like 667 or 800. Thanks.

I've got some Micron 667 (d9 chips) pulled from an hp system that are running ddr900 on my p5b deluxe @ 4.3.2.4

Are you sure your memory (this one?) is the problem?

The people in the reviews don't seem to be having any compatibility issues with their P5B Deluxe. I have the same memory and motherboard (but no CPU yet), so your post is getting me worried. :(

That's what I have, it's working fine in my P5B Deluxe. No issues whatsoever. The 1 gig version is on the QVL list.

If you've tried too different sets and it won't post, it's not the RAM, it's the motherboard.

This memory is not on the QVL. The C4 and PRO versions are on it but the plain 6400 1GB sticks are not. I tried the memory in different slots and different number of sticks. I finallly went out and bought some DDR2-533 Kingston to test with. The Kingston works flawlessly.

I really don't see why the corsair wouldn't work? Ever type of ddr2 i've stuck in this motherboard even ecc seems to work just fine. Hynix, Elpida, Micron, Samsung, kingston, corsair.

DamTheMan said:
I really don't see why the corsair wouldn't work? Ever type of ddr2 i've stuck in this motherboard even ecc seems to work just fine. Hynix, Elpida, Micron, Samsung, kingston, corsair.
Just got my second set of dual channel that won't post. G.Skill 800 ZX was the first, Team Xtreem 667 3-3-3-8 was the second.

Backslash said:
Are you sure your memory (this one?) is the problem?

The people in the reviews don't seem to be having any compatibility issues with their P5B Deluxe. I have the same memory and motherboard (but no CPU yet), so your post is getting me worried. :(

I'm currently using the Corsair I linked to in my previous post with no problems at all.

DAMN Megalomaniac that is fast....I have mine running 420 4 4 4 12 and thought
I was fast LOL
I have Gskill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ running at 510 and i think 5-5-5-12
no problems...

I think this Gskill is very nice, and very inexpensive for its performance

How come on the memory I see 2:3 in cpuz....is there something I am missing?
can't get it to report 1:1

sparks

i think i can push it more, but i haven't got the time for it yet.

i can post some more results about it later (tomorrow) but xtremeforums already have good documentation of how well this ram performs, and its what eclipse and half the other guru's recommend.

My P5B Deluxe won't post when I put Corsair XMS2 6400 in either of the B slots. Both sticks work fine in A1 and A2 in single channel mode. But I can't run in dual channel mode if I can't use the B bank. I tried putting just one stick in B1 but it still won't post so I don't think it's an issue running in dual channel. The RAM works fine in the A slots so I'm pretty certain the mobo is bad.

I have that board and that memory (although instead of 2 1GB sticks, mine's 4 512's) and it works fine at the proper speed. If it doesn't work - there's likely some other problem.

BIGmog My P5B Deluxe won't post when I put Corsair XMS2 6400 in either of the B slots. Both sticks work fine in A1 and A2 in single channel mode. But I can't run in dual channel mode if I can't use the B bank. I tried putting just one stick in B1 but it still won't post so I don't think it's an issue running in dual channel. The RAM works fine in the A slots so I'm pretty certain the mobo is bad.

I have the same prob on Corsair DDR800 TwinX Ram. I have two 1GB sticks, but the board won't post when I put them on the A slots! They only work on the B slots and only in single channel. Have the latest bios too (614), and everything else is working fine.

I tried chaging the DRAM freqency and timings manually, and bumping volt up to 2.1 for the ram...no go. It refuses to post with any memory in the A slots.

I've seen some folks complain about G.Skill RAM and P5B mobos, and others are OK. Is there a particular module that works, and others that dont? I'm looking at the P5B-E (basic + FW and a few other things).

I'm running this memory too, no problems....only have it at 2.1 volts to do what's in my sig.

Sufu said:
I have the same prob on Corsair DDR800 TwinX Ram. I have two 1GB sticks, but the board won't post when I put them on the A slots! They only work on the B slots and only in single channel. Have the latest bios too (614), and everything else is working fine.

I tried chaging the DRAM freqency and timings manually, and bumping volt up to 2.1 for the ram...no go. It refuses to post with any memory in the A slots.

Have either of you figured anything out? Did you RMA the board? the memory? I am having the same problem right now (only works in A1+A2, nothing in B).

Back