P4C800-E Deluxe Voltage Measurement

Is there any way for me to measure the vcore with a multimeter?

I've noticed that my core voltage drops suddently (as much as .9volts) while the system is idling and I'm thinking it's the only reason my system reboots itself while booting windows at high OC settings.

I want to view my cpu voltage as the PC boots to see if that's the problem.

Cornelius, I saw you make a post about your old P4C800-E dropping voltage. Maybe you could shed some light on how you go about measuring the voltage directly with a multimeter?

I have same problem with my P4P800 DLX and was wondering same thing :D

I hate my 1.68 vcore loading at 1.56

EDIT: Are our problems the exact opposite or did u just misword it? lol

n64man120 said:
I hate my 1.68 vcore loading at 1.56

EDIT: Are our problems the exact opposite or did u just misword it? lol

Yep, that's my concern.

Once in windows (through CPUz) I see pretty big drops in voltage.

Sooo... I'm worried that a voltage drop is killing my system while booting windows at higher OC configs.

I just installed that board, I haven't seen any drops yet, but I will research it.

what app are you using to monitor this?

and i too would be curious to see how to monitor in real time during boot.

darw_n said:
I just installed that board, I haven't seen any drops yet, but I will research it.

what app are you using to monitor this?

and i too would be curious to see how to monitor in real time during boot.

I'm using CPUz and Asus PCProbe and they both are showing large drops. At 1.6 volts, I periodically see drops to 1.52

i have the same motherboard as you. This is my first time build a computer, so i don't know anything. Should i be concern about that? What should i do to know if my voltage drop? plz help out this newbie. Thank you

tokidoki said:
i have the same motherboard as you. This is my first time build a computer, so i don't know anything. Should i be concern about that? What should i do to know if my voltage drop? plz help out this newbie. Thank you

Generally, you shouldn't have cause for concern. It's a great board, it just has some quirks to it.

I've done some more experimenting and I think that the problem with my computer isn't the voltage drop. I think I just need some better cooling.

Back