p35 mobos

terahertz

n00b
do p35 based boards have a northbridge temp sensor? and if so, i have a gigabyte p35-ds3r and i dont know if it is temp1 or temp2 according to speedfan. any help would be appreciated! thanks =]

It should. You'll have to figure it out the hard way.

My G33 does. That's what I'm basing this on.

well for some reason i feel like the g33 only has it because its gotta watch the gpu temp aka nb temp lol. i found temp1. temp1 is useless as its the temp of the i/o chip thing itself. i found out by blowing a 80mm fan at different parts of the board lol. temp2 i feel is just the cpu temp because if i add +15 to it (because speedfan is 15c low kuz it doesnt detect 100tjunction) its almost the same as all the core temps (quadcore). so i feel like there isnt a nb sensor...

What does the EZTune software say the temp of the System is?

I don't think that P35 has a sensor in the package so itwould rely on the mobo mfr fitting 1 on the board to monitor it - abit certainly don't, don't know about Gigabyte.

using eztune and speedfan at the same time, system temp is temp1 which is the temp of the IT8718 chip thing, and then temp2 = cpu temp. temp3 is -2 degrees C so i dont think it has a sensor... and thats it.

I'd like to know the answer as to whether Gigabyte boards have them and what they are. In Everest in my new system (GA-P35-DS3P) I'm getting 26 degrees for "Motherboard" but there's an "aux" temperature that reads 40 degrees. The 2 CPU cores are 15 and 17 degrees which can't be right (I assume I add 15 degrees to those?), but I don't know if I'm supposed to add 15 degrees to the other temps.

I haven't put the system through a load test yet, and I can't use Speedfan or CoreTemp since it's 64-bit Vista.

everest is useless. it reports everything wrong. using speedfan, i set my core temps +15 degrees because of the 85/100 tjunction. when i graph the temperatures using the speedfan graphs, "Motherboard" from everest is = to temp2. and temp2's graph looks exactly the same as any core temp from my cpu just lower by like 10-15C. therefore, i think that temp2 is the "cpu temp." and temp1 is just the temperature of the temperature chip thing itself in in the bottom left corner of the board. That leads me to believe that Gigabyte did not include a NB temp sensor.

everest is useless. it reports everything wrong. using speedfan, i set my core temps +15 degrees because of the 85/100 tjunction. when i graph the temperatures using the speedfan graphs, "Motherboard" from everest is = to temp2. and temp2's graph looks exactly the same as any core temp from my cpu just lower by like 10-15C. therefore, i think that temp2 is the "cpu temp." and temp1 is just the temperature of the temperature chip thing itself in in the bottom left corner of the board. That leads me to believe that Gigabyte did not include a NB temp sensor.

That's too bad. Do you know of any good programs to use with Vista 64?

Back