P2692

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Anybody else working on these SWEET wu?

I'm getting 22 min TPF and 58k PPD for each one.

I was wondering if it was a new one, I hadn't seen a 2692, I thought maybe you meant 2682 but now I see no, you did in fact mean 92. :D
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=15613
kasson said:
We've reformulated some proj2682 work units to use the newer, more compact representation. Memory requirements on these should be similar to 2684, etc. These are now being released in an open test as project 2692.

I haven't seen one of these myself. :confused:

Oh right. I thought you said 2682 also.

No I haven't seen one yet.

I'm on my second one now. You guys are gonna love it when you get one!

Those are the rewrites of the P2682s that will hopefully work with smp 16 or more. Anyone have one on a boxen with more than 12 recognized cores? I'd love to see if they work since one of my duallys has flushed two of the P2682s in the last week after completing.

I'm crossing my fingers that I get one when I finish my latest 2684.

Wow, that looks pretty impressive. Unfortunately I just finished a 2686 and grabbed another one, but at least it's not a 2684 so I think I'll be able to live with it ;).

I'm crossing my fingers that I get one when I finish my latest 2684.

LOL! You must be the only team #33 member that is still getting those 2684's right now :)

You are going to love it if you get one of those 2682's. My Bloomfield got a TPF of 36 min and dumped a total of 71k points. That is insane ppd and should give all of us bigadv folks a nice boost while it lasts.

Still getting 2684's and 5's here!

I have 2 -bigadv coming off in the next 17 hours.

We'll see after that.

I'm still getting P2684s also. I assume they will continue for a while longer. Stanford rarely terminates a functional SMP WU project after only a 2-3 month run. For example, during the last month or so of the A1 WUs I received at least one P2653. Some older SMP folders will remember that particular SMP WU being the preferred one to get from the 2007 time frame. As much as no one likes the P2684, I believe we will continue to see them for quite some time in varying frequencies..

2684's here, worse ppd than normal smp... Damn. When I get the good units it's much nicer, 75+k from one rig :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Dang it, finished my second 2692 and pulled a 2684. There's no justice.

LOL! You must be the only team #33 member that is still getting those 2684's right now :)

You are going to love it if you get one of those 2682's. My Bloomfield got a TPF of 36 min and dumped a total of 71k points. That is insane ppd and should give all of us bigadv folks a nice boost while it lasts.
im still getting 2684 from time to time

Nope, I've gotten one or two in a mix of plenty of 2685 and 2686. (currently hacking through one right now actually)

I must be Mr. 2684 since 4 out of the last 6 bigadvs I downloaded were 2684s.

Those are the rewrites of the P2682s that will hopefully work with smp 16 or more. Anyone have one on a boxen with more than 12 recognized cores? I'd love to see if they work since one of my duallys has flushed two of the P2682s in the last week after completing.

P2692 is back and they work on 24 cores. 12:42 TPF, 136,071 PPD.

I just got a 2684. It's taking 8 minutes more per frame than the 6900's were. That's another 13.3 hours per unit. These things suck!

I just got a 2684. It's taking 8 minutes more per frame than the 6900's were. That's another 13.3 hours per unit. These things suck!

Yep, 2684's are the slowest of the -bigadv units that still come up. I don't mind getting them, but I hate it when they start rolling in back to back like they used to.

Ugg, I snagged a 2684 as well. 40minute tpf with 2 gpu clients running, this thing is painful.

I don't mind getting them, but I hate it when they start rolling in back to back like they used to.

Over the past couple days I seem to be alternating between 2684s and 6900s. It's hurting my PPD and allowing someone to move ahead of me into third place for team PPD. :p

Over the past couple days I seem to be alternating between 2684s and 6900s. It's hurting my PPD and allowing someone to move ahead of me into third place for team PPD. :p

Hey now, I resemble that remark! :p Seems like you and I have had the rag tag thing going on for a week or so, but I'm sure that something will happen to bring my PPD down just a bit. Murphy's Law *always* seems to find a way back in to my daily life somehow or another.... :D

Nice consistancy you've got going on there SazanEyes!!!

I just got a 2692...but I'd still rather have a 6900. They're better than the 2684s, though...by a long shot! Bloomfield @ 4.3Ghz:

2684: 39:42 (24.6k)
2692: 29:43 (37.6k)
6900: 28:06 (41.3k)

This is all without a GPU--I always want to run the GPU for a touch extra PPD, but then it hurts me to think of all the power I'm using for just a slight boost :(. Then, I think of running SB, but it probably wouldn't do me much except with PPD/w; and getting a 970 is just $$!

Back