• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

P182 SE hands-on / pics

Deusfaux

Gawd
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
756
I will update my "build" shots within the P182 in my other thread as I finish it but this one will serve just to highlight the P182 SE itself

IMG_0403.jpg

New rear mounted rear and upper fan controls for easy access



IMG_0405.jpg

Rear of case. New holes for watercooling tubing



IMG_0407.jpg

Some of the reflective quality. I'll take the sheets off later and get the real deal.



IMG_0409.jpg

Case door feels much more solid than P180. Might be the steel. 5" drive bay covers fit more closely together. Power button has raised symbol on it. Overall a tighter nicer look.


IMG_0411.jpg

Door fits very flush - no issues here initially.


IMG_0412.jpg

Overview of inside. sexy black finish


IMG_0413.jpg

internal shot of how new fan business works


IMG_0414.jpg

exclusive to SE --> crazy wormlight and its power cord which seems to be both molex and internal USB header powered?


IMG_0415.jpg

can't see it when its on holding clip and looking at case straight on


IMG_0416.jpg

wormlight floating, front case connections/bundle/etc. some mobo holes visible


IMG_0417.jpg

closer!


IMG_0418.jpg

PSU bay with improved silicon to cut down on vibrations, new smaller 25mm fan at bottom, and it has a longer tri-speed control as well


IMG_0419.jpg

hdd cages "Antec Design"


IMG_0420.jpg

Sorry this one is dark, tubing holes from inside, plus the bottom gate to the lower chamber is silghtly differnt, an oval shape


IMG_0422.jpg

nothing remarkable about cages out - top fan cover - drive rails - screws and such - NEW - black cloth for wiping down case - fan clips looks like - cable ties


IMG_0423.jpg

internal with cages removed


IMG_0424.jpg

see through shot - highlights new holes in mobo for cable routing behind it


IMG_0425.jpg

shot of the NEW backside - raised mobo tray and holes cut to route PSU cabling up behind mobo. 3 build in cable ties as well. also you can see better the smaller 25mm fan at the bottom. also i was REALLY concerned that bottom notch wouldnt be there because on the antec website it's missing... but its there!


IMG_0426.jpg

little dark again - front panel connections are more accessible from the back this time


IMG_0427.jpg

overview of backside!










and of course I'll update my entire build set of photos using the new case and its improvements (in the other thread of mine)
 
I bought this case yesterday for $209 CDN (free shipping). I'm pretty excited about it.
 
I bought a HD drive with it... >$300 = Free shipping w/Direct Canada

What's the problem?
 
I bought a HD drive with it... >$300 = Free shipping w/Direct Canada

What's the problem?

ok that would make sense. the problem is I paid significantly more at ncix by preordering - so I'll be coming down on them and I wanted to have the ammo going in to back up my concerns
 
ok that would make sense. the problem is I paid significantly more at ncix by preordering - so I'll be coming down on them and I wanted to have the ammo going in to back up my concerns

I almost got them to price match themselves because they have $5.99 shipping on now (NCIX). When I went to purchase the case it was OOS at Direct Canada, but since I had already put it in my cart, I processed the purchase anyhow. Sure enough the next day (yesterday), the order wen through. Now they are showing as in stock.

I would ask them for $5.99 shipping + at least a little price discount.
 
Sucks that they converted the 5 1/2" bays to one structure. Means that you can't easily install a PA160 to the front of the case anymore :(
 
Thanks for the excellent photos Deusfaux!

How heavey is the case? The P180 sides feel pretty flimsy on my rev1.0.

Now that the mobo tray is further forward, do we know if a Scythe Ninja will still fit?
 
ill have reports on working in it later

the sides are probably hte most sturdy and heavy parts of the whole thing all said. with both of htem and the door off it became much easier to flip around and such for its photo shoot

apparently due to the steel it should be heavier overall than a regular p180
 
Thanks for the excellent photos Deusfaux!

How heavey is the case? The P180 sides feel pretty flimsy on my rev1.0.

Now that the mobo tray is further forward, do we know if a Scythe Ninja will still fit?
A Ninja still fits. The mobo tray hasn't moved that much farther forward, it's only about a quarter inch or so.

I'd post a picture of my recent build, but I don't have any good pictures that show the top of the Ninja in relation to the side of the case.
 
They should have made the cables black too, and the thumb screws :)
 
I just ordered my P182 SE and a Corsair HX620 yesterday. Can't wait to spend some quality time routing cables and makin it look pretty. post some pics up when you get yours done man.
 
That is one sexy case... i think i'm gunna have to unload my black P180 Cuz i want that. NOW!
 
That's the "Canadian Special Edition" that I've seen on the NCIX site. That thing is sexy, I really like the all black frame and mirrored exterior. :cool:
 
hopefully tomorrow.

between birthdays and planning trips to coachella havent had time to get on it :( should only take a couple hours or so for a decent job
 
oh daddy likes... looks like they fixed some of the major things people didnt' like about the p180
 
Is this the same thing as the P182 except for the colors? It looks spectacular!
 
it would be so sick with a window

gross, no, thats the allure of the p180 series; clean, slick look, no rice.

I believe the case you're looking for is the super lanboy.

If the OP is still viewing this thread, does the forward lower grill have a mounting bracket for a fan?
 
Back
Top