P180 vs P182 vs Antec900 vs CM690

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Alright these cases are at the same price these days $45 shipped. What will you pick ? and please post why ?

Mine is P182, because the most expensive case from the group for only $45 C'mon. :D

i'd go for a cm690 if I had to buy another case right now. I love my p180, but the ability to have a billion fans in a case is amazing.

P182 because it's made with quiet computing in mind. And because I like the design better.

P182 - my next build will be a quiet one too...

I don't think you can get it for $45 though.

I own both a P180 (really a P182) and a RC690. The P180 is so much better in terms of quality.

$45 bucks?? I would love the source please :D

Personally I think that the P180/182s look much better than the 900

P182 beats out the 690 slightly, if only because it's a higher quality case. The other two aren't worth considering in comparison IMO.

900 because the "P" series of cases suck. I have them, and I have had no luck my temperatures are always horrible. Could be because I overclock.

So was that $45 or $145? :D I'd love to find a P182 for $45 shipped. Where from?

Edit: nevermind. Found the threads on Fatwallet--expired one-day deals from Frys.com.

The P180/182 are a step higher in terms of build quality and overall sex appeal as well as noise isolation. The 690 definitely wins in the cooling department, and remains classy and clean (though a bit flimsy and cheap). It depends on what your priorities are. I own a 690, but if I had the opportunity to purchase a P182 at the same price I'd do so without second thought. Unfortunately that's not realistic at all, as the P182 is more than $100 more expensive than the 690. They are in different classes altogether.

The antec 900 is not even worth considering, in my opinion. It's a rubbish case with riceboi/casemodderz appeal and horrible, horrible wire routes.

I heard that antec now makes the 900 with precut holes for wiring now. I ordered my 900 yesterday so if you want to I can take picks of the updated version of the antec 900. I was going to get a lian li a05b but i wanted better cooling so I got the antec nine hundred.

I heard that antec now makes the 900 with precut holes for wiring now. I ordered my 900 yesterday so if you want to I can take picks of the updated version of the antec 900. I was going to get a lian li a05b but i wanted better cooling so I got the antec nine hundred.

I'd like to see this.

I still don't like the way the case looks, though.

CM 690, temps in the case are amazing, I have 5 fans in here and compared to my old case the avg temps of ALL my components dropped 15*c.

Let me clarify (i have all 3 of these cases):

P182>Antec900>CM690

Reasons:

1. P182 is above them all. It's quieter, more sturdy, roomier, great cable management and simply a better quality. Temps are also very good.

2. Antec 900. Terrible cable management but great temps. Better temps than P182 and CM690. Design is questionable but could be worse.

3. CM690. Great case for the price but just as loud as Antec 900 and the cooling is one notch down from the 900 as well. The only thing it has going for it is the price (which is a non issue here since they're all the same) and the cable management / design. However, it gets beaten in both those regards by the P182.

For me it's either quiet and sturdy or great cooling. If i want quiet and sturdy with great cable management, then i pick P182. If i want a notch better aircooling, then i pick the 900. The CM690 is a jack of all trades with no great strenghts and no real weaknesses.

I have a P182 and am very pleased with it. I did add a 4th 120mm fan so that I would have 2 fans for the front intake. The one concern I would have would be running a pair of 8800 GTX's in SLI with no side fan. That is my only gripe with the P182 case.

900 because the "P" series of cases suck. I have them, and I have had no luck my temperatures are always horrible. Could be because I overclock.

So a cramped case with no cable management at all provides a huge temperature improvement over the P series? Temps might be the slightly better, but certainly not a huge improvement. The P is generally a great case for cooling, not the best, but very much decent.

I would definitely spend the extra cash to get the P182 personally, because I have the CM690 and am not really that happy with the quality. Great case, but flimsy. But, value for money, the CM690 is unbeatable.

I would definitely spend the extra cash to get the P182 personally, because I have the CM690 and am not really that happy with the quality. Great case, but flimsy. But, value for money, the CM690 is unbeatable.

Exactly. For the what, $20 that it is now, the CM690 is a huge contender. Nothing else in that price bracket even comes close.

cm690001qn2.jpg

It looks great, is easy to work in, has fantastic cooling capabilities, and is dirt cheap-all the right ingredients for a budget minded formula. It's one drawback is the flimsiness. However, as long as you take care of it, it should last forever.

Back