Overwatch 2 - Official Thread

People on Reddit are saying the engine upgrades do make the game run smoother.

I was pegged at 144fps in OW1 and it's the same with OW2, so maybe they were focusing on helping people with less powerful gear run the game better this go around. That's a fairly normal blizzard strategy, make sure everyone can play it.

People on Reddit are saying the engine upgrades do make the game run smoother.

I was pegged at 144fps in OW1 and it's the same with OW2, so maybe they were focusing on helping people with less powerful gear run the game better this go around. That's a fairly normal blizzard strategy, make sure everyone can play it.
I have the AW3423DW with a 3080Ti and I maxed out everything at EPIC and it stays at 185fps on my setup while in game.

After getting used to the new maps and game modes and hero reworks, I was able to play my Pharah a bit better and win some matches against all the hitscans.
I wasn't able to get into the beta and I didn't really watch any gameplay of the beta.

ScreenShot_22-10-05_08-41-07-000.jpg

I really have to wait in a queue just to get to the title screen? Is there no longer offline training with bots or was that actually online? I did get upgraded from owning OW1 if that matters, but this is pretty dumb.

Anyone know what settings to use for Windows 10, the AW3423DW, and Overwatch 2 to get HDR working?
In the graphics settings for OW2 it says my display doesn't support HDR.

This is what my monitor is set to.
A2711067-3085-4699-9B68-1B0A381CDB08.jpeg

is your windows 10 up to date and has hdr enabled in display settings?
HDR wasn't enabled in Windows so I turned that on. Just have to wait to be able to get into the game and see if OW2 allows me to enable HDR in there.

HDR looks pretty good, I really have no first hand experience with HDR but I am impressed with it in this game.
And it "feels" like 21:9 isn't zoomed in like it was in OW1.
IMG_3148.JPEG

I never played any other free to play game. I played Overwatch 1 occasionally. I just checked the prices on skins:

IT'S $20 in COINS A SKIN FOR THE LEGENDARY SKIN:
  1. WHO THE FUCK CAN AFFORD THAT??!
  2. WHO THE FUCK WOULD BUY A SKIN VS. JUST PURCHASE AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAME?!?!
  3. IS THIS THE NORM PRICING FOR OTHER FREE TO PLAY GAMES?!?!?!

I COULD FUCKING UNDERSTAND LIKE MAYBE $3.99 PER LEGENDARY SKIN BUT THIS IS JUST CRAZY. DO NOT SPEND A PENNY ON THIS GAME.

I never played any other free to play game. I played Overwatch 1 occasionally. I just checked the prices on skins:

2. WHO THE FUCK WOULD BUY A SKIN VS. JUST PURCHASE AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT GAME?!?!

I COULD FUCKING UNDERSTAND LIKE MAYBE $3.99 PER LEGENDARY SKIN BUT THIS IS JUST CRAZY. DO NOT SPEND A PENNY ON THIS GAME.
You don't have to buy skins.

1 - lots can
2 - people that want the skin
3 - yes
4 - WHY CAPS LOCK?!

I never played any other free to play game.
We can tell, based on your post. Those numbers sound normal for a F2P multiplayer game. (in fact it's prob cheap compared to some games).

They are cosmetic, meaning there is no competitive advantage, so consider purchasing them supporting the developer and nothing more.
(f2p games make billions every year, so the answer to your questions are yes people buy them - everyday casual gamers not just whales)

Looks like the dude never played a call of doody game.

My son paid 40$ for a knife skin in CS.

Looks like the dude never played a call of doody game.

My son paid 40$ for a knife skin in CS.

You can 10x that or more on some CS skins.

Except it's a marketplace so it cuts both ways. I made money off CS. A bunch of skins I had from early went up in value. Sometimes I'd get bored and try to flip some as well.

Between CS and the PUBG pre-order shit, it took me years to exhaust my Steam wallet.

Marketplace system is the best.

I just made about $3,500 selling CSGO skins. Liquidated almost my entire inventory. Going to miss that Factory New Deagle Blaze....

People definitely pay.

Have you guys noticed that the Game History page reverts back to "No Games Played" every time you close Overwatch and reopen the game? Wondering if that affects rank also.

Have you guys noticed that the Game History page reverts back to "No Games Played" every time you close Overwatch and reopen the game? Wondering if that affects rank also.
you are talking about this page? It resets every game session but it's just your latest history, your gameplay is stored you just can't see the latest matches you played.
I haven't checked the replay page though. In OW1 you'd see the last 10 matches and you could pin matches to save but those got reset every patch/update.

ScreenShot_22-10-06_09-11-57-000.jpg

Ahhh okay. I misread that and thought it said Season, not session.

The level gain isn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. In like a day I'm up to lvl 14 or so on the free Battlepass.

I still think it's ridiculous that they didn't update anything other than some engine tweaks though.

Ahhh okay. I misread that and thought it said Season, not session.

The level gain isn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. In like a day I'm up to lvl 14 or so on the free Battlepass.

I still think it's ridiculous that they didn't update anything other than some engine tweaks though.
The sound design has been changed, a lot of the weapons sound different, and I like the lighting effects on the maps.
The sandstorm on Necroplis doesn't really make sense since you can see the red outline of the enemies. Be different if you only saw the outline of your team and not the enemies,

Was glancing at some stats earlier, 59% win rate is pretty good with 1700 hours on a hero, isn't it?

ScreenShot_22-10-06_09-16-53-000.jpg

So I haven't played this in a few years.. Is there a reason why I have to look for a new match after every match now? It used to be that you could generally just get match after match without being kicked to the main menu. Now, it's like it's just the default option.

Not very impressed with this 'upgrade' thus far. Just like before, I can't find myself sticking with this game because the amount of down-time between matches is just incredible for what should be something where you can easily jump in and have a match. I just don't understand why they can't fix the very basic server/technical issues with this game that have been this way since Day 1 of the original.

TBH, enjoying it so far. My daughter asked why OW1 went away and why there's no lewt boxes. I said, exactly... Then I had to explain why some countries think lewt boxes are gambling and this was a way out of that while upgrading the game and making more money.

TBH, enjoying it so far. My daughter asked why OW1 went away and why there's no lewt boxes. I said, exactly... Then I had to explain why some countries think lewt boxes are gambling and this was a way out of that while upgrading the game and making more money.
It's worse in pretty much every way I can think of. The matchmaking right now is horrendous as well. It's very rare you get a balanced match. 9/10 times you know which team is going to win right off the bat. Any competition is a complete illusion. The last game had this issue as well, but it wasn't nearly this bad. All of that is even assuming you can get into a match without waiting 2+ minutes, you don't have children who drop out and leave you down 1-2 players, or that you don't join a match within the last 10 seconds of gameplay. This is largely why I stopped playing the game a while back, and I see it's only gotten worse.

i like how i can deathmatch while queuing for deathmatch

Been like that for a while now on OW1. But ya not sure which game came up with that first but it was golden.

Well, since they gave those of us who bought OW1 and had played I guess in the last year a break on the phone number requirement I tried the game for a few rounds. Most of the same problems OW1 had and those mentioned above. Not a fan of the changes to Orisa for tanking. On the upside, I didn't have to pay for it.

Well, since they gave those of us who bought OW1 and had played I guess in the last year a break on the phone number requirement I tried the game for a few rounds. Most of the same problems OW1 had and those mentioned above. Not a fan of the changes to Orisa for tanking. On the upside, I didn't have to pay for it.
I think the game has largely improved. And this is from someone who plays all classes, not some 1-2 hero main. The shield spamming of old was really tedious and not near as fun as the game is now.

There will always be douchebags (especially in comp) and support is still in short supply, as a buddy and me filled and got support about ~80% of matches.

I think the game has largely improved. And this is from someone who plays all classes, not some 1-2 hero main. The shield spamming of old was really tedious and not near as fun as the game is now.

There will always be douchebags (especially in comp) and support is still in short supply, as a buddy and me filled and got support about ~80% of matches.

Yeah, I mostly play support, tank or heals and having classes that are way too dependent on dps is...not fun most of the time. Orisa's spear is mostly useless. 1 game out of 3 was fun. Same problems as before overall.

Yeah, I mostly play support, tank or heals and having classes that are way too dependent on dps is...not fun most of the time. Orisa's spear is mostly useless. 1 game out of 3 was fun. Same problems as before overall.
I had a ton more fun playing her than before. She used to be one of the most boring heroes imo. Hold M1, throw shield once off cooldown, use armor if you get charged. You rarely moved, at least now you can reliably kill people.

is the SBMM broken? I did quick play for almost 2 hours tonight and couldn't win a single game, played a healer.

is the SBMM broken? I did quick play for almost 2 hours tonight and couldn't win a single game, played a healer.
Im trying to figure this out too. It seems like you can tell whos going towin within the first 30 seconds of a game. it's hard as hell to try and claw back any ground you lost. I play tank, and I find myself switching around trying to find something to counter. i have found that if I attack the healers, we stand a better chance of winning.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Back