• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overriding screen lockout time

PatchRowcester

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
243
I have a work laptop that is configured in a way to lock the screen after 15 minutes of being idle.

This is fine except, I tend to remote into this laptop from home to monitor the console. I end up leaving the remote desktop window on my TV during the evening so I can monitor stuff.

Now you can imagine how annoying it gets when it locks out every 15 minutes. I am not the admin of my laptop, and I can't uncheck or change the lock out option. Anyone knows a way around this? I just want to override this one setting.

2agvous.png
 
My father used a utility that moved the mouse regularly to avoid his screen locking on him. Since it was just an executable running in user mode and didn't have to install, he could run it in work without having to be an admin. I don't know what the utility was called, but I see plenty of them on Google (nosleep.exe, Screen Lock Killer).
 
The screen lock is done via GPO's. There is no way to disable this on the local machine.
 
Back
Top