Overlord

Yes, and yes.

I started playing it last night and it's been very fun. The minions at your command are highly entertaining. The graphics look good. Sometimes i wasn't quite sure what to do next and realized that i hadn't finished a quest when i thought i had, but now i realize that it will tell you when a quest is completed. I beat the first boss and it was pretty easy. Looking forward to completing it.

Overlord is DEFINITELY worth the money.

The game is very funny. Lots of little things that you dont notice at first, but when you do you get a good chuckle. Like when you send in your minions to destroy a pumpkin patch. Some will come running back with jack-o-lantern helmets. Or if you run your horde over goblets of ale, they will drink it up, get drunk, and then piss all over the place lol.

I've had it since release day, and thusfar I have control over:

Browns: Average warrior type minion. Straight forward attacker. Can upgrade his armor and weapons from what he finds on the ground.

Reds: Ranged fireball thrower. Can light some areas of the ground on fire as well as enemies. They can also travel through HOT areas or put out flames.

Greens: Sneak attackers. Can stealth themselves when placed on a waypoint and are still. When given the chance, they will jump onto an enemy's back and stab them to death. The can travel though poisonous gas and destroy what generates the gas.

Blues: Not good attackers, but can be very powerful against magical enemies (wisps). They are the only type that can go in the water without dieing. These guys can also resurrect other minions that have died for whatever reason.

So that's all the minion types. You also get spells over time for your main toon that specialize in certain areas like minion buffing, self defense, or attack spells.

Worth the buy.

Sounds like a buy to me, now do I get it before or after NCAA is the questions lol. Already preordered it.

Pretty cool game..Something different FTW..Played the 360 and PC Demo..Will prolly pick up the PC version @ $20 cheaper..

Definitely worth the buy. Kinda reminded me of Sacrifice.
And get the PC version, it has better controls with keyboard+mouse imo.

Pretty cool game..Something different FTW..Played the 360 and PC Demo..Will prolly pick up the PC version @ $20 cheaper..

When does the PC version come out, i though the 26th but i can't find it anywhere.

I finished the 360 version yesterday, it plays well throughout the game.
I'm starting another game because the first time through I was 'nice' (0% corruption) this time I'm going for 100% corruption :D

One thing that has gotten annoying for me is the constant farming of lifeforce, especially for the reds. I realized too late that they're not good for close quarters combat so i was sending them in and they'd all be slaughtered. Long range fireballs are better. :eek:

Definitely worth the buy. Kinda reminded me of Sacrifice.
And get the PC version, it has better controls with keyboard+mouse imo.

It also reminded me of Sacrifice, one of my old time favorites.

I also got it for PC but I am playing it with the Sixaxis from my PS3 because i feel the gamepad controls are better.

Its interesting, I am playing a Xbox 360 game on my living room TV (DVI to TV in 1920x1080) with a Sixaxis... weird. But I have done that before and will probably do it with Bioshock too.

I also got it for PC but I am playing it with the Sixaxis from my PS3 because i feel the gamepad controls are better.

Its interesting, I am playing a Xbox 360 game on my living room TV (DVI to TV in 1920x1080) with a Sixaxis... weird. But I have done that before and will probably do it with Bioshock too.
I thought minion sweeping would be better with an analog stick, but I tried it with my Chillstream and minon sweep wasn't even analog. Plus keyboard+mouse has camera control.

Good to see a Sixaxis actually being used to play games. I bet it gets bored acting as a Blu-ray remote most of the time. :eek:

I think it's one of the best games on 360. I played it through in a week.

33 hours on my save game.

I"m ready to play it through a second time to try the other side...first time through I was a good overlord (0% corruption achievement)

Now it's time to wreak some havoc.

I bought it when it came out, but haven't played it because my 360 has been broken since June 16. At least I get my $140 back, but I really hope next week is the week to get it back.

Games alright. I say more of a rental than a purchase. As stated in reviews it can be sometimes tedious.

The minions are a lot of fun but the camera problems sort of hamper the experience.

Fun game. Camera views SUCK ASS. I do enjoy the game and would recommend it to lots of people but, honestly, the camera manipulation is just downright atrocious. Most of the time I'm fighting the camera. I hold down the left button and swing it down where I want it and then 5 seconds later for no reason it bounces back up to default. This seems to be a recurring issue for me. That and in the first half of the game the default position was at one point ... and now the default seems set about a mile high and almost straight down.

dude- click the right stick....

That's your toggle between your first view and your current top down view.

The camera isn't that bad...just let the auto camera work and quit trying to fight it. That works best, if it really gets out of whack cause your trying to go somewhere not on a beaten trail double click the left should button to make the camera get back behind you again.

Just got the game on Friday for my 360 and I love it. When I first started playing I though that not having any direct control of the camera was going to cause problems, but once you play for a bit and figure out how it works, it's fine.

The minion control is also ingenious. The swarm dynamics work well and watching the minions as they work is hilarious. My roommate and I spent some time trying to understand some of the operational laws behind the swarm (he is a compsci grad student); figuring out how the game works made things a lot easier.

Edit: Never mind I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Also if anyone wants to play some co-op on xbl let me know.

great and abit dif game tbh,not another typical clone,havent had this much fun with an SP campaign for years.

I've been playing it and so far and loving it, I just wish I had more time to play.

Back