Overheating problem

ritch1

Weaksauce
I’m having some real issues with over heating, my CPU and Ram seem to sky rocket according to Everest and Probe. I have a Q9550 with corsair 6400 ram on an Asus P5Q-E board. I don’t know if these readings can be accurate, they are going up to 196 degrees according to these applications. Seems to be after running something like far cry 2. When I go back to windows the MB temp stays at 196 and wont go down?

If these apps are not giving me accurate readings I need something that will as I don’t want to fry my hardware, also when I open probe the CPU fan gets faster so don’t know whats going on there. My CPU cooler is the Asus Arctic Square, it doesn’t allow me to set manually so I assume it alters speed automatically, are there any setting a need to look at in the bios? Thanks for any ideas

First thing I would do is touch those components to see if they feel like they are that hot. I think you'd be able to tell if they were that hot just by putting your hand near them. If they don't feel hot, chances are the problem is with the program.

That sounds rather hot though. I'm sure there would be issues if it was really running that hot.

will check that, the readings jump from 32 to 129 degrees thrn back to 32 so looks like the program. i got the voltage settings for the ram on manual in the BIOS so assume thats ok? maybe the the 2 programs are conflicting, i'll try some stuff out

thanks for the help

Back