Mar 12, 2008 #1 D delvryboy 2[H]4U Joined Feb 21, 2008 Messages 2,486 Is there a way to make a boot cd with prime95 or orthos? I want to make sure my occ and temps are good. Should I just use a hdd that is loaded w/ Unbuntu and core temp/speedan/cpu-z/prime95 and use it for every boxen I build?
Is there a way to make a boot cd with prime95 or orthos? I want to make sure my occ and temps are good. Should I just use a hdd that is loaded w/ Unbuntu and core temp/speedan/cpu-z/prime95 and use it for every boxen I build?
Mar 12, 2008 #2 S Sunin [H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2008 Joined Dec 27, 2005 Messages 3,421 The second option would probably be the easiest. I think the first would be doable just would have to create a custom CD/DVD
The second option would probably be the easiest. I think the first would be doable just would have to create a custom CD/DVD
Mar 12, 2008 #3 R RavenD [H]ard|Gawd Joined Jun 30, 2005 Messages 1,516 You could probably use a usb key for the second option to make it easier. UltimateBootCD has prime, but unfortunately it doesnt do multicore.
You could probably use a usb key for the second option to make it easier. UltimateBootCD has prime, but unfortunately it doesnt do multicore.
Mar 12, 2008 #4 D delvryboy 2[H]4U Joined Feb 21, 2008 Messages 2,486 Actually, I'm having fun playing with Unbuntu on this old P4, but the hdd is coming out in a few days. I think I'll run an x64 linux on the quad folding boxen I'll be putting together just so I can get some more experience.
Actually, I'm having fun playing with Unbuntu on this old P4, but the hdd is coming out in a few days. I think I'll run an x64 linux on the quad folding boxen I'll be putting together just so I can get some more experience.