• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking on New Gigabyte board

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
2,854
Hey guys I installed my new ga-ep45-ds3l last week and now want to overclock my cpu. I cannot get it to post with any sort of oc.I left the nultriplier @ 8 and increased to 375mhz which should give me a 3gig oc, i increased the vcore to 1.375v (1.35 is stock for his cpu)

I save and exit and it just loops over and over without posting. I had this cpu overclocked in my old ga-p35-ds3l @ 3.2v with vcore @ 1.425v, so I know it can be oc'd.

My board has some dynamic energy saver deal in it, would this impact it at all?

tia!
 
No, the energy saver is not the problem. "sneak up" on your overclock. From another post but most of it applies.

set your Vcore a little higher to start than what is recommended below if you like. You can always go back and tone it down some later. I suggest you "load factory defaults" with EVERYTHING on auto to let the board reset all the hidden timings etc. then set your bios options to what you need, disable EIST etc. and then try the procedure below. Do not get in a hurry, but it can be done in an hour if you pay attention. Watch out for the board reseting the memory mulitplier on a failed boot.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032805935&postcount=597
 
thnx for the reply Bill, I disabled EIST as well asCPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) and it wouldnt post? FYI my ram is running at 4-5-4-15 @ 2.2v (stock is 2.1v but have found it more stable @ 2.2)
 
Back
Top