overclocking a prebuilt HP desktop? Intel E6300

MATTRESS

Gawd
I was given an HP a1720n which has the intel E6300 processor.

I know normally, you can't overclock a prebuilt computer of this nature. I'm curious, if it's possible atleast. I'm not worried about screwing anything up, since it didn't cost me anything.

In the past, I've used tools to "modify" BIOS menus (activating deactivated menus, etc), so I'm curious if that would be possible in this situation... dump the BIOS, use a tool to modify the menus, and re-enable the clocking options of the CPU if they've been disabled..

Also in the past, I've used the "pin mod" to overclock an amd barton 2500+ in a mini-atx board which didn't have overclocking capabilities. are the e6300's "pin modable"?

I hope this post isn't too confusing, and thanks for any help guys.

Also in the past, I've used the "pin mod" to overclock an amd barton 2500+ in a mini-atx board which didn't have overclocking capabilities. are the e6300's "pin modable"?

As far as I know the only pin mod involves tricking the motherboard to think they are a 1333 MHz FSB procesor on newer boards that support the new 1333 FSB. So probally no good to you on the HP.

The bios mod would be the snitz if you can pull it off.

Try some overclocking tools like clockgen. But that may not work. I tryed on my mom M7747c and had no luck with that E6400. But im also looking for tools or bios mods of it to overclock before buying a new mobo just to overclock.

Back