OverClock issue

DBRASCO

Weaksauce
Give y'all a little info: The computer will run dual orthos for 24hrs no problem. Temp never excedes 55C

I'm running Vista Ultimate, P5W-DH, E6600, Corsair 6400c4d(4-4-4-12), zalman 9500 cooler, TT750 power supply. Overclocked 3.2 (400x8) also can use (360x9). Core voltage is 1.28, I have tried to up voltage W/no resolution.

The problem I just noticed in my event examiner gives a Kernel-WHEA & Volume shadow copy error, or sometimes it's just a Warning, This happens at any overclock. if I use (267X9) I still get these errors and warning. The only time I don't get them is (266x9) stock.

Memory is always ran 1:1, I have tried other dividers, but no help.

2 WD320G SATA @ Raid-0

I bet those are consumer grade SE drives and not the RE versions that support proper timeouts/handshaking with the controller in a RAID configuration.

Based on your minimal information, my best guess is that when overclocked your drives cannot report "I am busy, leave me alone for a minute" properly to your controller and the OS thinks there is some drive problem and aborts/errors the drive write operation and places a msg in the event log. SWAG.

How do I find what revision they are? and what info can I provide to help narrow this down?

It happens randomly so I can't tell what is causing this.

Thanks for the input......Anymore is always welcome.

Brasco

your core voltage is very low, 1.35 is stock. but this wouldnt cause an error like that, some chips requre less voltage so this might be fine, just FYI thats lower then normal. volume shadow copy has to do with hard drives/file storage like bill suggested, im not too good with RAIDs tho il let someone else field this question.

I thought 1.35v was max voltage for e6600 under Intel specs.. it runs stock at 1.12v

no no 1.35 is stock. the max is whatever temps will alow, for the stock heatsink its a little over 1.4v before temps become an issue, my main rig has a 6600 running at 1.5125v

Well I broke the RAID array, and loaded Vista multiple times on multiple drives as IDE, I'm Still getting the KERNEL-WHEA error. some thing about memory heirarchy. I don't have the exact error, it was late when I quit.

So I don't know if it's my processor or the motherboard or my ram.

Anymore suggestions.

Back