Outlook 2003: Moving emails out of "Personal Folders"?

RedShark

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright, this issue stems from a bizarre Outlook 2003 "feature" (bug?). My setup looks something like this:

Personal Folders
|
+ - Archive
|
+ - Inbox
|
+ - Sent Items
|

Sometimes, instead of dragging an email to "Archive", I accidentally drag it to "Personal Folders". Outlook allows this, strangely, and the email is then stored in the "Personal Folders" folder rather than the one I wanted. But, if I click "Personal Folders" in an effort to view the hidden email, Outlook takes me to the "Outlook today" screen.

I know there is a way to un-hide these emails because I've done it before: my question is how? Googling is difficult because using the words "Personal Folders" results in a bunch of irrelevant hits since the context I'm using it in is different from the normal use of the term.

Thanks for any insights!

Hmm after fiddling with it, I don't quite understand. Do you mean "Go -> Folders List", and then click on "Personal Folders"? This didn't seem to help. Could you provide slightly more detail? Thanks!

Guess that doesn't work like it used to.

I think this might work, though: right click on Personal Folders, select the Home Page tab, and unselect the Show home page by default for this folder option. When done, you can recheck the box.

Back