Other SLI uses.

FingerSlut

Gawd
Joined
Nov 8, 2002
Messages
655
Im a computer noob, but with 2 video adapters in SLI, what is keeping an sli system from letting you run 2 games at once. For example, I currently alt-tab from WoW to CS:Source. I would like to have WoW on my tv and CS on my monitor.
 
Current drivers only allow one monitor to be used when SLI is enabled.
 
that would be cool! :eek:

a dual processor/dual gpu system running WoW and bf2 (when it comes out) at the same time WITH DECENT FRAMERATES


*drool*
 
ohnnyj said:
Current drivers only allow one monitor to be used when SLI is enabled.

No, I'm pretty sure both ports on the first card are available in SLI mode, so two would be the max.
 
What would be really cool is if you could tell your games what GPU to use. You could run your cards in non-SLI and tell one game to use 1 vid card and another to use the other card hooked to a different monitor.
 
Dr. X said:
No, I'm pretty sure both ports on the first card are available in SLI mode, so two would be the max.
I have two 6800GTs...trust me, it doesn't work.
 
FingerSlut said:
For example, I currently alt-tab from WoW to CS:Source. I would like to have WoW on my tv and CS on my monitor.

Pass the ritalin please :D

Thats really funny. You must have alot of system memory for that to work smoothly.
 
And you thought the CPU was the bottleneck for one game, try playing two... that CPU would be burning up it'd be working so hard.
 
I use to play 3 EQ1 accounts on the same pc at once sometimes... 2 was the average though... one a monk and the other would be a druid.

My friend often plays SWG and EQ1 or EQ and EQ2, just need to lower the settings graphically.
 
|MaguS| said:
I use to play 3 EQ1 accounts on the same pc at once sometimes... 2 was the average though... one a monk and the other would be a druid.

My friend often plays SWG and EQ1 or EQ and EQ2, just need to lower the settings graphically.

ADD At it's finest
 
Back
Top