OSBORNE

Danith

2[H]4U
My Mom moved to a smaller place, and on cleaning out the old house found this which must have been my dad's. Unfortunately it looks like my mom threw away the operating manual which had circuit schematics and programming instructions :( I did find MATH* though which wasn't thrown away

Wonder if I can get something to make the case not-yellow
osborne1.png

Big ole fuse in there, also standard power connector :O
osborne2.png

Opened up
osborne3.png

Later tonight or tomorrow I'll plug it in and see if it starts on fire

Sweet find!

If it doesn't work out you can replace the guts with new pc parts and start gaming on that tiny screen! ;):D

Ah... the Osborne "luggable". They made some with larger CRTs (not much). I think that's an Osborne 1 - not too many made.

Sorry for being late, I got distracted with a migraine and work and being afraid it would explode :V

When I first turned it on I thought it blew a fuse because there was the quick click of the drives and then nothing. I expected it to be loud but you can't hear anything when it's on :eek:

After adjusting the brightness knobs I could see the screen
osborne4.png

I was hoping it had an on-board OS like the commodore but no such luck :(
I tried this -
osborne5.png

osborne6.png

but didn't work :(

osborne7.png

Guess I would need to find a boot disk. Damn it I knew I should have grabbed the manual/OS book when I first saw it at moms :(

Maybe if I get the time, I'll see about opening it up :)

The disk could've gone bad too...

The magnetic stuff on those disks doesn't last forever / can decay / be damaged. Or the drive's reading head is dusty.

The disk could've gone bad too...

The magnetic stuff on those disks doesn't last forever / can decay / be damaged. Or the drive's reading head is dusty.

Ya, I was thinking that also. Don't have a extra 5 1/4 drive to test it out :p

You need to boot from a CP/M disk, which contains the OS, before loading software.

I have floppy discs nearly that old which still work, even notched to use both sides.

Back