Os Install

fightingfi

2[H]4U
When i do a clean build new pc new fresh install of windows do i update everything including all of windows and updates for it first before i install motherboard drivers 2nd?

I would update the motherboard drivers before windows updates if only because windows might try to install a newer driver than the base install but older then the one you are putting on.

I have a USB flash drive with all the latest drivers for all the boards/video cards/etc I build with. I always let Windows Update go first then install the drivers from the flash drive -- the WU drivers are never newer for me. But I guess it really doesn't matter, personal preference I guess.

I always keep a flash drive updated with necessary drivers, but I would at least make sure you have your network drivers downloaded and saved before hand. That being said, I also do the motherboard/chipset drivers first, then let Windows Update install whatever it finds. I always install my graphics driver from a download as well.

Get all the drivers you will need first and put them on a usb drive. When you install windows, keep the network cable unplugged and WiFi disconnected. Install the drivers first thing offline. Then update. Windows has a bad knack of installing ancient drivers for sake of stability.

Back