• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OS/Boot Drive SSD question

Kelvarr

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jul 19, 2001
Messages
4,513
I have an Agility 2 90GB currently. I wanted a 2nd SSD for my Games, and got the Crucial M4 128GB.

Which should I use? The Crucial M4 128GB or OCZ Agility 2 90GB for OS/Boot drive?

From what I see, the Crucial seems to be faster, but just wanted to see your guys' opinions.
 
Personally I would use the Agility for OS and Crucial for Data. But you can't go wrong either way. SSD is pretty fabulous no matter what.
 
If it was me, I'd sell the Agility and return the M4 for a larger one, and just use one drive - but that's because I don't trust OCZ SSDs and I like having one drive over two. I'd say, just guessing, that you'd be better off using the M4 for the games, since it has faster sequential speeds and games are more likely to need sequential performance than the OS - but it probably wouldn't be noticeable either way.
 
as much as I would like that, I don't think I can touch a 256GB SSD for what I can get for both of these drives (I figure $180ish for the M4, and ~$130-$140 for the Agility 2)...unless I'm wrong...
 
In this scenario then I would use the faster drive for the OS/Apps. Unless you want more space and a bit faster loading for your games.
 
as much as I would like that, ...
If that's the case then it doesn't really matter.

You won't be able to tell the difference and it's not worth swapping/reinstalling the OS.

That being said, I vote Crucial for the OS drive. :)
 
I'd be reinstalling from scratch anyway, since I got a whole new Sandy Bridge build to go along with the M4.
 
Back
Top