Original Xbox's complete source code leaked online

erek

[H]F Junkie
This is pretty cool / spicy !!!

"The Xbox source code leak in particular could have some value. While it would be illegal for programmers to use Microsoft’s own code in an emulator, the info gleaned from the dump could inform new approaches to creating a better software version of the console. Only a small fraction of Xbox games can currently run smoothly via homebrew emulation. While many popular games are supported by Microsoft’s official Xbox emulation via the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, it’s still important to some that the games are preserved and remain playable as the original hardware units die out."

https://www.engadget.com/xbox-os-windows-source-code-leak-142213929.html

Ya'll baggin on Xbox 1 had no exclusives but Halo well maybe you just forget these:
Jet Set Radio Future
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny

Yeah, all of the best Xbox games have already been ported (Halo series, multiple times). And it seems like you can play the remains of the cruft on Xbox through emulation.

Yeah, all of the best Xbox games have already been ported (Halo series, multiple times). And it seems like you can play the remains of the cruft on Xbox through emulation.

Not true.

Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Xbox has an exclusive version)
Otogi 1 and 2
GunValkyrie
Dino Crisis 3 (Though, the game isn't great...still deserves to be kept alive)

I'll have to go through the rest of my HDD, but those are off the top of my head. Not too mention, that the XBOX would have the best versions of each of the multiplatform releases.

Back