Ordering multiple high-end 10-bit displays to test and send back?

Henri108

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at a bunch of different options for a 10-bit display. I'm very happy with the U2515's, they are awesome for the price but I need 1 or 2 10-bit displays with AdobeRGB coverage. It's going to be used for Photoshop and Softproofing before printing.

There are so many options that I would really need to see and use them for an hour or so to know which one we really need.
I was thinking of ordering a Dell UP3216Q, UP2716D, UP2715K and a Eizo 3237BK.
Will I have any problem sending back the 3 displays I decide not to choose? I have never send anything back to Amazon that was not for warranty reasons.

Any input on another monitor that I should really try out? I'd like it to have Hardware Calibration, that's why I'm going with the Dell's. Budget is 1400$ max.

Last edited:
Amazon will probably close your account if you send that many high value items back. They are not a rental service and do close accounts from people who attempt to abuse their return policy. I got an email from them that I was returning an unusually large number of items and they wanted to know why. I returned 3 items in 7 months, 2 of them were sub $50 items (one of the items sucked, the other defective), 1 was a phone that I didn't even open.

This is where buying shitloads of stuff over a long period of time with a local, trusted computer shop really helps. I've built up a good relationship with mine. When making big buys, if I can't choose, I can usually borrow a screen/keyboard/mouse/whatever over a weekend or during a week to test out side by side with another...

That helped me choose between the Samsung LED IPS panel and this U2711... colours were hugely different and far wider ranging on the U2711, even though both were 10bit. It was lack of deep red as they likely used cool white leds. Wicked cyan/yellows though due to that.

I'm a few days away from posting an in-depth review on my new 49" 2016 Samsung KS8000 but so far, it's just a super amazing best of a display.

Samsung KS8000 Review (UN49KS8000, UN55KS8000, UN60KS8000, UN65KS8000)

48.5" .... 20ms Input Latency ... 10bit ..... glossy .... incredible blacks and contrast and zero judder. Read the link.

Just loving it. The colors are amazing.

I have years of Big Screen experience, Nokia 21"CRT ... Gateway 21" CRT ..... Sony 21 and 24" CRT's ... Westy 1 and Westy 3. I even had 17" CRTs back when they cost $1,000. This is probably the best thing you've ever desktopped or gamed on.

I paid $1,300 for it at Best Buy with tax. I didn't want to risk getting it shipped and super-banged around so I sucked up paying tax.

You might want to consider this display if you are ok with large format displays.

Back