Oracle Installs Deceptive Software With Java Updates

Yeah, really disappointed to see Foxit going this route. After many years, I finally uninstalled it.

The version of Foxit that I've been using has never tried to install anything else (atleast as far as I can tell).

What this article gives me as just reaffirmation that "updating" is not a good method for protecting a computer.

This whole thing is why I never installed Winamp past version 2.78 (just before AOL took it). But even that has a checkbox for other software to opt-out of. It's getting harder and harder to trust anyone (even the more well-known names). It's all a big part of why I'm not using any version of Firefox higher than 2 (among other reasons).

People laugh at me sometimes for not using the most "up-to-date" stuff, but NOT using it is what makes my systems better protected. Older vulnerabilities are easier to handle as compared to this onslaught of crap that's coming down. The plain and simple truth is that "newer does NOT mean better...it just means newer".

Ed Bott is an award-winning technology writer with more than two decades' experience writing for mainstream media outlets and online publications.

I have serious doubts about this man, clearly you can see it says installing screwed up programs and then you click hell no or unclick the box then you proceed. But no Ed Bot just places himself into a state of trance and starts clicking away on the damn requester like he is pulling the trigger on Osama Bin Laden .

Bad "award-winning technology writer with more than two decades' experience writing for mainstream media outlets and online publications" bad bad bad...

I have serious doubts about this man, clearly you can see it says installing screwed up programs and then you click hell no or unclick the box then you proceed. But no Ed Bot just places himself into a state of trance and starts clicking away on the damn requester like he is pulling the trigger on Osama Bin Laden .

Bad "award-winning technology writer with more than two decades' experience writing for mainstream media outlets and online publications" bad bad bad...

I enjoy reading Ed's stuff. Hes very unbiased and honest. Hes labled as a MS fanboy but has called MS out on more than one occasion. He simply calls a spade a spade.

He clicks through this stuff to demonstrate what the installer is doing. Hes writing an article. No doubt he got feed back from some of his readers which prompted this story. How else is he to demonstrate how the installer works w/ out clicking through? I dont understand your post.

Yeah, really disappointed to see Foxit going this route. After many years, I finally uninstalled it.

Yeah I been using Foxit for years, and they're starting to get too popular for their own good. Look at this shit:

350uemr.jpg

Uncheck those, easy enough. Off to install right? Nope!

o58i1i.jpg

So now that Foxit is turning into an ad ridden bloated piece of shit, it's probably time to move on to something else.

Back