• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Optical speakers?

Scyles

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
1,191
I need some optical speakers for my projector's optical output. Any recommendations besides Logitech Z-5500's? Maybe something cheaper?
 
I don't think it will be much cheaper than $200. plus.. it's not the speakers that are optical. The logitech gives you a pod that would process the optical output from the projector. You could do the same with some normal home theater speakers and a cheap reciever w/ optical inputs. You might be able to find a cheap htib if you wanted to go that route.
 
Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find the Z-5500's for any less than $280 shipped. I'm prepared to pay that if there is not a better option.
 
Man, this thread is confusing. Optical speakers? A projector optical output? LOL. Anyway, If you can go with less power the Logitech Z-5450s can be had for under $250 shipped.
 
Back
Top