• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

optical cable

Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
3,306
i have a yamaha rx-v520 reciever and a shuttle sn41g2v2 (which has the "soundstorm" that everyone likes)

both have optical inputs and outputs.. is optical for sound only, or video too?

also, is there a difference in quality of cables or not really? should i just get a cheap one off partsexpress or something? or are more expensive cables actually better?
 
Optical is only for audio. I would recommend getting a (reasonably) cheap optical cable. You would have a hellova time detecting quality differences between optical cables.
 
optical is for sound.

I use plain old radio shack toslink cables for my DVD input to receiver and my Xbox 360 to receiver. They cost 10 bucks and are just as good as any monster cable or whatever.

I have a Yamaha rx-v2400

Make sure you have digital optical (toslink) and not digital coax.....both are for digital sound but are obviously different cables. :D
 
magoo said:
optical is for sound.

I use plain old radio shack toslink cables for my DVD input to receiver and my Xbox 360 to receiver. They cost 10 bucks and are just as good as any monster cable or whatever.

I have a Yamaha rx-v2400

Make sure you have digital optical (toslink) and not digital coax.....both are for digital sound but are obviously different cables. :D

I'll recommend Monoprice for cables if you don't need the instant gratification of a retail store. I had my first order from them a couple of weeks ago... great service and price.

 
shipping is $5.. but i am also going to get a monitor cable, usb header, and some other stuff.. so after i get all of it, the shipping is still only $7..
 
scottatwittenberg said:
shipping is $5.. but i am also going to get a monitor cable, usb header, and some other stuff.. so after i get all of it, the shipping is still only $7..

Yeah, that's what I did as well.... new monitor cable, network and TV cables at the same time. UPS even managed to deliver it a day early :eek:

 
Back
Top