opteron cooling

Bling

Gawd
I just received an opteron 170 ccbwe 0530tpmw = )
I would like to know of the most aestheticly and audibly pleasing way to cool it so that i can get a sustained 3ghz out of it. an added bonus is if i could cool a graphics aswell but it isnt required. Ive looked at phase change and chilling etc and i think i dont need that extreme performance. i would just simply go with a single stage phase change but i am concerned about noise. waterchiller wouldnt look too good because of the insulation on the lines) the phase change insulated suction line is actually pretty nice looking. the other big thing is that i want it to look at home iwith a coolermaster atc-110 ( old but good)
I have pictures and specifications of a simple watercooling project housed in my case but i do not know whtther it is powerful en0ough for me to reach 3 ghz
angle.jpg

If you already have the water system, it can't really hurt to try it out to see how high it can get. Best case scenario you dont need to buy any fancy, expensive cooling system to cool it, worst (aside from breaking something) is that you need to buy a better cooling system which you are looking into. It shouldn't hurt to try the water setup.

I haven't seen too many do 3.0Ghz without more than straight WC. But that's just from the people here. Haven't been over to XS to see what they're doing over there.

Back