Optane M10 64 GB memory

Lucky75

Limp Gawd
Hello guys,
did somebody have one of that M10 memory cards ?
What is benefit of it if has some ?
Is it good for daily work and gaming ?
Or dedicated SSD drive is better ?

Hello guys,
did somebody have one of that M10 memory cards ?
What is benefit of it if has some ?
Is it good for daily work and gaming ?
Or dedicated SSD drive is better ?
dedicated M.2 SSD or dedicated SATA SSD is better (optane cache memory is more for adding kida SSD like performance to a Large HDD)

better off with size you need SSD (like 250-500GB for normal PC, if gaming PC at least 1TB so you can fit most of your actively used games on your SSD) and a HDD for backup/mass storage (or move lass used games to it, as steam and game clients can let you move games around)

Not much use but nice to put your Pagefile on with the super low latency and durability. If you have the spare slots/lanes though...

Yes, but AMD and Nvidia want to create almost the same solutions for any platform.
So I think that technology has great future.

it looks interesting but i wouldn't use it

with StoreMi you can target a Storage HDD for the SSD caching so it speeds up game loading times but i don't recommend it to be used on a boot drive (witch should be a SSD any way)

I would use optane only if my system drive needed to be larger than 2TB in order to hold all my programs and data. Otherwise, an SSD will have the advantage of somewhat better performance and simplicity.

I have one of the 32gb modules, and desperately wanted to try it out, at the very least to speed up my 4tb HDD.
dropped it into my existing machine, and I just couldnt get me machine to boot right/at all.
Weird.

So now Im gunshy- maybe I'll try it in a new build in the future.
Wonder if it works in AMD systems?

I have one of the 32gb modules, and desperately wanted to try it out, at the very least to speed up my 4tb HDD.
dropped it into my existing machine, and I just couldnt get me machine to boot right/at all.
Weird.

So now Im gunshy- maybe I'll try it in a new build in the future.
Wonder if it works in AMD systems?

Optane only works 'as intended' in a few Intel specific chipsets. Otherwise they just work as a normal (but a bit small and not so fast in raw speed) NVMe SSD in anything else. You can use them for HDD caching if you use other software designed for that purpose I think.

Like I said I used one in my GF's AMD based development rig as the pagefile drive. I got it new for like $20 so what the hell. I thought the low latency might help. She hasn't complained.

Back