Opinion of some Barrow LC parts

Discussion in 'Water Cooling' started by cyberguyz, Oct 8, 2018.

1. cyberguyz

cyberguyz Gawd

I am looking over some Barrow DDC pump + tube-style integrated reservoir parts along with a heatsink/cover and some 90 degree swivels fittings from them.

The pump seems to be knockoff of the the liang 3.25 (the one with higher pressure and just short of 1000 lph). The fittings seem to be a decent quality powder coated (black) brass ones. I'm also considering an aluminum "armor" aluminum heatsink & cover.

Anyone here have any experience with these guys to pass on?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. hititnquitit

hititnquitit n00bie

their ddc and d5 pumps are laing/xylem built pumps. the name signifies which region it was made in. barrow generally are built by xylem in europe. youll have to check the label when you get yours. the best way to assure your getting a real laing/xylem pump is to buy from a reliable source like ppcs/amazon/newegg/modmymods etc where copyright is respected and enforced. knockoffs generally come from chinese websites (that get away with copyright infringement) and sell for far less than a genuine laing pump. if your familiar with ddc and d5 pumps you can tell the fake ones right off by the plastic housings.
    they make solid fittings from my experience. ive only used their painted fittings. the quality is very good in that the entire fitting is painted unlike some(alphacool) that leave brass showing inside the fitting tube. as with any rotary 90 make sure they twist hard. easy turning 90s will end up leaking. not a very scientific approach to ensure a leak free part but it works.
    their pump heatsinks are among the best ive seen. very well made and sturdy aluminum that looks great inside a well lit case. i would rank them right there with bitspower pump heatsinks. im not sure they should even be called heatsinks but thats what they are marketed as.
    i have no experience with their tube reservoirs.

cyberguyz likes this.
  3. cyberguyz

cyberguyz Gawd

Thanks for the feedback. Most of my experience with the liang pumps goes back about 15 years to the swiftech mcp650 pumps. I have zero experience with the smaller DDC-style pumps. I am mostly looking at the DDC pumps for their high head pressure ratings which is almost double of the D5s.

One of the reasons for this thread is that I know Barrow is a Chinese company and like many others in the region would be selling mostly knockoffs - you don't get genuine parts for the price of these things. I am not expecting any of their components to be genuine liang/xylem parts. I am mostly curious to find out if anybody here has experienced any red flags with their DDC pump, res, fittings or heatsinks before I pull the trigger on them.I have seen reviews that go both ways out in the wild wide web.

I really appreciate the response. It has a good bit of info there to watch for. Thanks again!